Reporting a cheater?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

SlamHannigan

01-22-2013

What is the best way to report someone for cheating? Specifically, using a cheat that allows you to spam abilities with little to no cooldown.

Delete Teemo

01-22-2013

not sure if you're trolling, but on the off chance you're not:

Some abilities have naturally low cooldowns. Specifically which ability was this person "spamming".

Also, he could have just been stacking cooldown reduction. It has a hard cap of 40%, so if he managed to get that, you might have been surprised how much he could use that ability

Mavnas

01-22-2013

And some champions have abilities that reset when they kill/assist someone like Tristana's jump thingie.

Fs Son0fSilas

01-22-2013

and Darius' ult resets upon kills

Karthus is free right now, his Q is SUPER spammy

SlamHannigan

01-22-2013

No, I'm familiar with conditional cooldown erasures, that sort of thing. I mean I ran into a guy who could spam every ability he had, summoner spells included. This was a Wukong player spamming mostly his Q and E, plus summoner heal. All I need to know is if there's a place on the site to report him.

Iriog

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-22-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by SlamHannigan View Post
No, I'm familiar with conditional cooldown erasures, that sort of thing. I mean I ran into a guy who could spam every ability he had, summoner spells included. This was a Wukong player spamming mostly his Q and E, plus summoner heal. All I need to know is if there's a place on the site to report him.
hey SlamHannigan, if you are looking to report someone you can follow the guildlines in this post

It is always good to have screenshots. Hope that helps.

Fs Son0fSilas

01-22-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by SlamHannigan View Post
0-100 hp heals? using it 5 times in a row?

SlamHannigan

01-22-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iriog View Post
hey SlamHannigan, if you are looking to report someone you can follow the guildlines in this post

It is always good to have screenshots. Hope that helps.
Unfortunately I don't, but hopefully an investigation can get to them pretty quick. There is no option for cheating in the in-game menu, but I was just now able to find a way to do it through Support. Thanks for the link. It's good to know they're starting to crack down on false reports, but I hardly see how it's relevant to this situation.

TehomCD

01-22-2013

There was at one time a bug/exploit that allowed people to cast summoner spells with no cooldown. Honestly, exploits are so incredibly rare that everyone will assume at first that you were simply mistaken, but on the off chance you really did encounter something, I'd just open a support ticket.