plz

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

hi dad hru

01-22-2013

Can anybody answer this simple question. Why do they permaban accounts for there language when they just make a new account and do it all over again? Why not make a mute system plz.

Kirska

01-22-2013

This question makes no sense. We already have a mute button. Are you suggesting we don't ban for language? Because actually language is not in and of itself a bannable offense. You can curse as long as you're not being insulting or rude, i.e. "That was f'ing awesome" is okay. Are you suggesting we mute by IP? Because you can search for reasons why that doesn't work. Are you suggesting we mute accounts for all games? Because that sort of defeats the purpose of a team game where communication is not optional.

MFKrazed

01-22-2013

Because communication... Proper communication is vital to the game.

We don't want people playing who just spout obscenities the whole game anyways.

hi dad hru

01-22-2013

i c

Xianio

01-22-2013

It's the unfortunate and inevitable flaw of a free to play game.

While it would be fantastic if we could ACTUALLY permaban players forever the most we can do is permaban accounts.

While you're right this is far from perfect it's the best option we have and it's been shown to be rather effective at making people quit. I know it's frustrating but it's the limitation of having an all-inclusive system.

Lord Ferret

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-22-2013

Ether the player will get the hint that being a jerk is bad and not wanted and leave. Or they will get better.

If someone keeps making accounts it means they keep having to start over. I hate having to start over. I really do. I enjoy my champs I enjoy my runes and skins. I dont want to lose them. I dont want to work for them again.

Ether you behave and start over and keep all the new stuff. Or just keep having to start over or go to a new game.

Akado Bayushi

01-22-2013

Going from Level 1 to Level 30 takes a lot of time. Accumulating enough of your favorite champions to play ranked takes time. Saving up for all the runes takes time. Making a new account is possible, but it's a new account. No runes, no masteries, no champions, no skins, no friends list.

That would be why permabans exist. If toxic players will not reform, then they are given the largest penalty in a F2P game. A reset.

As to why are bans given out when an ignore button exists, or why shouldn't there be a mute process? Because the actions requiring muting are wrong. Insulting teammates doesn't mean "Oh, just silence this guy and everything is fine!" It means "This guy doesn't cooperate with his team in words, if we silence him he will probably stop cooperating with his team in actions. We don't want trolling, so it's time to remind him that he's out of line."