Refunds

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

ColorIess

01-22-2013

Anyone who makes an account gets a maximum of 3 refunds for a lifetime. I think that this is a bit low, and it would be more reasonable to accrue a refund token every 3 or 4 months up to a cap of 3 at a time. Myself, and many others I am sure, have made many refunds that feel like a waste of a refund token.

Another idea could be that if you repurchase something you refunded, you get the token back, but you can't refund that item again. 3 refunds per lifetime feels very restrictive, and I think that having some way to renew your refund tokens would be useful.

Nightwhite3

01-22-2013

I agree

Troa

01-23-2013

I have to disagree. Every game I've played which involves this type of system offers either no refunds at all, or a very very low percentage of points/money/whatever back upon returning something. For this type of money making model, it simply does not make sense to do something that is going to eat into their profits. It may seem like a small change, but it can have very large monetary impacts. Honestly, I'm happy to even have 3, as that's more than you get anywhere else.

Shadowmender

01-23-2013

how do you refund things?

Razzite

01-24-2013

In a game where you have to buy every champion in the game in order to play them I feel like offering more refunds would be more fair. I understand its how they have set up the game but people complain about how other games ex. DotA 2 give all the champions in the game for free rather than basically requiring you to bust your balls to accrue enough IP to buy a champion you just been wanting to try out. Especially since 6300IP for the new champions which people get excited for, costs weeks of games if you are a casual player.

TL;DR With their system of purchasing champions I agree with OP

B1aqq

01-24-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Symmes View Post
Myself, and many others I am sure, have made many refunds that feel like a waste of a refund token.
If you know you only have 3, why would you waste them?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Troa View Post
For this type of money making model, it simply does not make sense to do something that is going to eat into their profits.
I don't see how this is eating their profits by earning an extra refund or two over time. You paid for RP, so they already have their money. I'm not sure what you mean by this.

I can see it both ways. I wouldn't be opposed to getting/earning more, but I don't think the system is broken, and I'm happy with what I was given.

LegionOfPie

01-30-2013

+1

Perhaps one refund a season would be good, so that way if you buy a promo skin or something you won't feel burned if you don't like it.

Re: B1aqq

It's not a good argument to say that "They already have your money" because Riot wants more of your money. To get that, Riot needs to give you good service

Nightwhite3

01-30-2013

I think we should be allowed 3 refunds per season, that seems fair and it would make a lot of people happy. Another good option would be to do what the game Smite does, they allow to spend a small amount of their version of IP to rent a champion rent for 1 game.

Troa

01-30-2013

I see a rental option as more feasible. I have to question the 3 a season, since I wonder if people wouldn't just complain that they still didn't have enough refunds.

B1aqq, LegionOfPie is correct. We can explain exactly how "they already have your money" does not work in this instance if needed, but it will be explaining why this prevents them from getting MORE of your money.