Rengar

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Salsa Sardine

01-22-2013

I recently bought Rengar and I love his mechanics, he is a character that I want to get good at but am currently horrendous at. I have tried both jungling and laning and seem to fail at each finding that I seem to be too squishy. (summoner level 14, ArP Marks, Seals of Armor, Glyph Scaling Magic Resist, Quint Attack Dmg).

I have tried watching youtube videos too see where I can improve my game, but I can't seem to replicate the jungling due to lack of T3 runes and masteries and at most people will hit wraiths once before leaving, giving me an unsufficient leash.

I know the information given is vague, but if anyone is able to give me any tips on how to become a competant rengar player it would be much appreciated.

Mayshar

01-22-2013

Jungling is nigh impossible until close to level 30 with any champ but even more so with rengar because he is a below avg jungler to begin with. He doesnt have the sustain, clearing speed or gank ability( until level 6) to jungle well and not before tier 3 runes and more masteries.

In lane, build him like a bruiser...either with tank masteries and ad/cdr items...or attack masteries with health/arm masteries. Dont go all one direction unless your team needs it. IE go all tank if your team doesnt have one...or go all attack if your lacking dmg AND you are snowballing your lane.

Rengar is easy to counter...so unless its a squishy top lane your against you have to play conservavtive. Only trade when you have ferocity to q q and e to get away.

WickaWicka

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-22-2013

Like Mayshar said, with the jungle now, its not efficient to try to jungle him at the moment, so maybe just keep him in lane for now. And don't be afraid to spend money on defense while in lane, as he has good base damage, so just build defense for the lane you are in. Stay near the bushes so you can jump to last hit minions and so you can't be harassed while in the bush.

RealMouse

01-22-2013

my experience with rengar is to not attack a champ until you have 4 ferocity and all abilitys ready, then you pounce on them q,q,w,e,q, run away then repeat as possible. thats only for 1v1 of course , its easier if your jungler is there or its a 2 v 2

Salsa Sardine

01-22-2013

Alright, thanks for the advice I will try playing him more passively in lane and try him out as a bruiser.

itsraaalphieee

01-22-2013

I suggest saving your IP for Tier 3 runes, considering a whole page could cost upwards of 10,000 IP. Tier 1 and 2 runes really aren't worth the IP.

As per Rengar, I've played him a few times on my friends account - Full rune sheets and masteries. From my experience, Rengar is very difficult to start off with in the jungle, as his only form of sustain comes from an Empowered Roar, which would mean attacking with Roar 4 times. By the time you're able to pull off an Empowered Roar, you'll be either dead or close to it.

That being said, I've seen very many strong Rengar players so my best advice to you is to keep at it, especially if you enjoy Rengar, and you will quickly see improvements.

Hope this helped!

Kuryaka

01-22-2013

I run Q-> W-> E -> Q for jungle Rengar. Rengar's gotten thrown around about as much as Renekton has. Nerfs, buffs, spell changes. Gah.

I'd say lane Rengar is much better. He trades fairly well, has okay sustain, and zones out huge areas with his passive. (And I have had bad experiences with jungle Rengar)

If they're consistently in your jump range, abuse that. Jump on them from bush, autoattack + Q right afterward. Empowered Q is a huge source of damage, so try to avoid initiating with your snare if possible.

Keep Ferocity stacks. Hit minions with your spells until you have 3-4 Ferocity.

Defense/attack on Rengar is debatable. His scaling on Q was lowered, but W no longer scales with health either. I'm kinda partial to Brutalizer, and for a defensive item... I dunno. Kindlegem, into Spirit Visage endgame? He still does really well with more AD and semi-sustained trading.

Iffy about Phage. It's a good item overall, but you don't really need the slow, and the extra health only helps against a lane where you're struggling.

Overall, I'd say to zone, zone, zone. Use your threat of a full combo to keep people off you.