Everyone tired of being banned by tribunal? Simple...

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Gimpyloser

01-22-2013

I have bad days, but I don't take it out on other players. I don't take it out on my friends or my family. I just try to fix the problem and not stress over those that seemingly don't have a solution. The idea that we should stop reporting people because we can mute them has been addressed repeatedly by players and by riot. Having that feature should be used if being harassed, but a report should as well as it doesn't excuse toxic behavior.

As to your comment that the tribunal consists of O.C.D people who can't figure out human behavior, I must disagree. You seem to be arguing that the actions of verbally harassing someone is somehow natural human behavior that we need to learn to accept, but I do not beleive there is anything natural about it. Comments in games, particularly the majority that end up in the Tribunal go far beyond anything the average person would say to another person anywhere but here. Would you scream profanities over and over in the checkout line of your grocery store the cashier performed her duties at a mediocre level or because the person in front of you said oops brb I forgot milk and ran to get some? No, you'd be annoyed, but you'd keep it to yourself. If you really want people to stop getting banned, they need to act in game as they would in a public place and treat people with the same respect. It really is that simple.

LargeSnorlax

01-22-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by BillyTheAttorney View Post
If I see someone raging and then later apologizes and says "sorry I don't mean to take it out on you that I'm having a bad day" or similar in game, I probably would excuse/pardon that. It's after the fact of a Tribunal ban they say "I was having a bad day!"

I deal with apologies like this all the time. Sincere ones and "sorry because I face consequences"

^^ This

If someone is raging and eventually cools off and says "****, sorry, I had a rough day, lets try to win" I'd just pardon it. I have no problem with people who are letting off a bit of steam but still want to win the game.

I do have a problem with people who harass their teammates for 30 minutes straight and ask for reports though. It's a video game, not a gulag - If the person wants to report that badly, he has a chance after the game, but shut up and play in the meantime.

BillyTheAttorney

01-22-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Ferret View Post
oh hey you are back. Awesome. Ever reply to that thread with the legal case you said you would look into?
You'll have to forgive me. The courts like to take long holiday "breaks" (lots of vacations by judges and what not) so work always gets backed up over the new year. I haven't looked into it yet. I have it bookmarked somewhere.

Gimpyloser

01-22-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by LargeSnorlax View Post
^^ This

If someone is raging and eventually cools off and says "****, sorry, I had a rough day, lets try to win" I'd just pardon it. I have no problem with people who are letting off a bit of steam but still want to win the game.

I do have a problem with people who harass their teammates for 30 minutes straight and ask for reports though. It's a video game, not a gulag - If the person wants to report that badly, he has a chance after the game, but shut up and play in the meantime.
I agree. I really dislike when players call for reports, and will generally punish them in the tribunal for it. If you have a toxic player on your team, report them after the game. Don't ask for reports. 1 report carries the same weight as 9 as far as getting someone into the tribunal. Just be silent, try and win, and report after it's over. Asking your team to report someone, even if they deserve it, does not help the situation at all.

PenguinKillBear

01-22-2013

I have always wondered why we always try to fix problems with something that doesn't actually fix the problem.

The problem: People are getting banned for raging in games.
Proposed solution: We just ignore people who rage in games.

This doesn't actually fix the problem it just masks it.

Proposed Solution should be: People stop raging in games.

LargeSnorlax

01-22-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gimpyloser View Post
I agree. I really dislike when players call for reports, and will generally punish them in the tribunal for it. If you have a toxic player on your team, report them after the game. Don't ask for reports. 1 report carries the same weight as 9 as far as getting someone into the tribunal. Just be silent, try and win, and report after it's over. Asking your team to report someone, even if they deserve it, does not help the situation at all.
You don't even have to be silent, you just have to talk about the game instead - You're playing League to win the game - The game isn't to report as many teammates as possible, it's to destroy the enemy's nexus.

A personal pet peeve of mine is the people who continually spam for reports on another player, which is only slightly more annoying than teammates trash talking their other teammates in /all chat. You have the option of reporting someone *after* the game, but you're *in* the game, so play it until it ends, then do your thing.

Gimpyloser

01-22-2013

Quote:
You don't even have to be silent, you just have to talk about the game instead
I was referring to being silent about the other players, not being completely silent. I think we are on the page here and the majority seem to agree.

LargeSnorlax

01-22-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gimpyloser View Post
I was referring to being silent about the other players, not being completely silent. I think we are on the page here and the majority seem to agree.
It was more a reference to the people that say they have to be absolutely silent and never talk in game, but yes

BillyTheAttorney

01-22-2013

Quote:
You don't even have to be silent, you just have to talk about the game instead - You're playing League to win the game - The game isn't to report as many teammates as possible, it's to destroy the enemy's nexus.
....Because I have to.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QIug-HngLYc

Kirska

01-22-2013

No. The point of reporting is to get these players out of the community so that other players don't have to deal with their ****. Ignoring them helps yes, but it only helps you, it does not help the community at all.

Edit: Crrrap is a censored word? That's.... special....