Everyone tired of being banned by tribunal? Simple...

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

PenguinKillBear

01-22-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gsniper View Post
Again for those who are not supporters of tribunal, you can see a prime example of why you should resort to using ignore and mute buttons first, rather than reporting immediately like has been the trend, and its evident because then your left at the hands of being judged by people like Snorlax,simplyalive, and penguinkiller. If enough people start using this method rather than immediately reporting people for miniscule ridiculous things because someone is not 100% satisfied with the manner your behaving "OCD" you can avoid a lot less weekly and perm bans.

And you can already see how they react to someone they don't agree with, even if its not wrong. They have to think its right otherwise its still a punishment.

Thank's for helping me out gents
This is actually fantastic advice. Something many of us have been preaching for a while here.
We dont want you to be banned or suspended. We also dont want you to be toxic. The best advice we can give you is if someone is making your game unfun is to mute and ignore them that way you dont rage back at them. So thank you for confirming our advice.

LargeSnorlax

01-22-2013

Quote:
Again for those who are not supporters of tribunal, you can see a prime example of why you should resort to using ignore and mute buttons first, rather than reporting immediately like has been the trend, and its evident because then your left at the hands of being judged by people like Snorlax,simplyalive, and penguinkiller. If enough people start using this method rather than immediately reporting people for miniscule ridiculous things because someone is not 100% satisfied with the manner your behaving "OCD" you can avoid a lot less weekly and perm bans.

And you can already see how they react to someone they don't agree with, even if its not wrong. They have to think its right otherwise its still a punishment.

I have to wonder where your logic is, especially since I DO use the ignore and mute buttons first. How do you figure anyone "reports immediately" in the middle of a game? Why would I want to hear a whining adolescent recount exactly what he thinks the team is doing to make him lose Elo, how hard done by he is, and how everyone but him sucks at the game?

Whenever someone whines like that, I ignore him. After the game, if someone is that bad, I'll usually report him.

Life tip: Don't cry in team based online video games. People play video games for fun, not to hear other people's sobs.

Lord Ferret

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-22-2013

If you dont like being banned by the tribunal stop being a jerk. It is simple.

Gsniper

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-22-2013

For those who read the select few comments "You don't end up in tribunal for having a bad day" ...

I beg to differ, because I can find almost 20 posts in this same section that says "sorry just having a bad day" or something to those lines. You can flame and hate me all you want for better understanding that no one is perfect like you select few. That never do anything wrong and poof pretty rainbows out your butt all day, but truth is I am presenting a solution to a problem because of a select few individuals who hover over the tribunal cases "much like yourselves" and you guys are helping me make my point even further by showing everyone that you are quick to punish because you don't care to understand mistakes.

With all that said.. I'm going to now leave this be and let anyone else who wants to further prove my point through OCD actions, and let this "idea" sink in for the community. Because it would be much nicer seeing people mute eachother, rather then report everyone and all end up here ranting and raving anyways right?

I'll be on tonight playing if anyone cares to enjoy a good game "even if your having a bad day I don't mind"

LargeSnorlax

01-22-2013

Quote:
For those who read the select few comments "You don't end up in tribunal for having a bad day" ...

I beg to differ, because I can find almost 20 posts in this same section that says "sorry just having a bad day" or something to those lines. You can flame and hate me all you want for better understanding that no one is perfect like you select few and poof pretty rainbows out your butt all day, but truth is I am presenting a solution to a problem because of a select few individuals who hover over the tribunal cases "much like yourselves" and you guys are helping me make my point even further by showing everyone that you are quick to punish because you don't care to understand mistakes.

With all that said.. I'm going to now leave this be and let anyone else who wants to further prove my point through OCD actions, and let this "idea" sink in for the community. Because it would be much nicer seeing people mute eachother, rather then report everyone and all end up here ranting and raving anyways right?

I'll be on tonight playing if anyone cares to enjoy a good game "even if your having a bad day I don't mind"
Assuming things about people online usually has only one outcome. The only thing this thread will sink to is the bottom of the boards, since it is closed.

If you had presented it in a proper way without insulting the people posting in the thread, you might've had some sort of discussion. As it is, you've decided to try and belittle and estrange the same people who came into the thread to post in it.

Another tip: Assuming things about people's playstyle, habits, or voting tendencies is just going to make you look silly unless you know the people you're referring to - Which you clearly don't.

SimplyAlive

01-22-2013

Quote:
That disorder...I don't think you know what it means...

Exploding Barrel

01-22-2013

Quote:

I beg to differ, because I can find almost 20 posts in this same section that says "sorry just having a bad day" or something to those lines. You can flame and hate me all you want for better understanding that no one is perfect like you select few. That never do anything wrong and poof pretty rainbows out your butt all day, but truth is I am presenting a solution to a problem because of a select few individuals who hover over the tribunal cases "much like yourselves" and you guys are helping me make my point even further by showing everyone that you are quick to punish because you don't care to understand mistakes.

Seriously, look up OCD on wikipedia or something.

If you think "a bad day" puts you in the Tribunal, you simply don't understand how it works. You don't get a Tribunal case until you have received dozens of reports at least.

If everyone has these "bad days," why do less than 2% of people have Tribunal cases?

BillyTheAttorney

01-22-2013

If I see someone raging and then later apologizes and says "sorry I don't mean to take it out on you that I'm having a bad day" or similar in game, I probably would excuse/pardon that. It's after the fact of a Tribunal ban they say "I was having a bad day!"

I deal with apologies like this all the time. Sincere ones and "sorry because I face consequences"

The most sincere apologies are those who take responsibility and learn. Not repeat and blame others for their actions.

How far will someone get if they blame other people for a poor day at work? Or a will say to a teacher "I got yelled at at home, so I didn't finish my homework."

Do the rules of society end because of a game on the interwebz?

Xianio

01-22-2013

Quote:

You would have a very good point, and a strong one at that, if you didn't insist that your view was the absolute truth and that anyone who dares see things differently is somehow "lesser."

One of the most common mistakes of the internet and really life in general, is the incorrect assumption that proper spelling/grammar is equatable to intelligence. You OP, are a primary example of the falseness of that assumption. While I don't think you're stupid, you most certainly are ignorant of the system you critique.

Due to this ignorance you've created several premises that your entire argument is built upon. Unfortunately, the vast majority of them are incorrect, making the vast majority of your "proof" to be factually incorrect.

Thus, you've built your whole point on rotten beams. It just doesn't stand up.

#1) You, and everyone who holds your opinions on what constitutes "acceptable" behaviour have EXACTLY the same amount of power as the people you're telling everyone to avoid. There are no "special" tribunal users that have more power than you do. If your view was the majority one, your behaviour wouldn't be punished

#2)
It takes hundreds of reports and dozens games to reach the tribunal. All of these people want you out of the game. This is not a tiny group of "tribunalers" ruining your "freedom of speech" it's hundreds of players telling you that if you weren't allowed back into the game, they would be happier

#3)
You are right about how changing what people report for would change what the tribunal gets to punish. You can easily and correctly make this plea. Unfortunately, I highly doubt you will have success. Why? Because the very same people the tribunal bans are often the biggest abusers of the report button.

You see, we ban angry, vengeful and hateful people from the game. These are the type of people who want to ban everyone who "makes them lose." These are the people who want to ban anyone who beats them soundly. These are the people who want to ban "trolls." Most notably because everyone has bad games, particularly these toxic people, they want to ban people JUST like them. So, in essence, they ban themselves.

It's -fuc*ing- fantastic.

Lord Ferret

01-22-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by BillyTheAttorney View Post
If I see someone raging and then later apologizes and says "sorry I'm having a bad day" in game, I probably would excuse that. It's after the fact of a Tribunal ban they say "I was having a bad day!"

I deal with apologies like this all the time. Sincere ones and "sorry because I face consequences"
oh hey you are back. Awesome. Ever reply to that thread with the legal case you said you would look into?