Everyone tired of being banned by tribunal? Simple...

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Gsniper

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-22-2013

Quit reporting each other over arguments or what is said because two people don't agree.

We as a community where given tools that are quite nice "Mute and Ignore" buttons.
Start using them towards other players instead of automatically falling back on the report function. Why? simple, I don't always report, I hit mute and move on because later the ignore feature has kicked on and I don't have to listen to that player ever again in the community. And if that person was having a bad day, cool tomorrow he still gets to play.

Everyone has a bad day here and there, agreed? Well, then lets stop punishing each other for it. We already all know that tribunal consists of O.C.D people that can't manage to figure out natural human behavior towards one another in real life doesn't go really "peaches and cream" all the time.

So lets stop feeding ourselves to them, use our own system for first resort, and not use the system "reporting" first. Because these cases go right to those who will punish us with bans that are unnecessary just because two people don't see eye to eye and they don't understand social behavior properly "although they think they do"

------

Granted: If you are being harassed in game AFTER your ignore them, I.E; someone is purposely feeding apposing team, someone is afking near a turret until you die, someone is following you jungle stealing creep kills to be an a$$. Then report..

Cause the majority of us who have jobs etc, understand stress and do have bad days. So we tend to "slip" in front of those who don't. And even tho they think they understand it because they read on it a lot or have sat in front of a webcam, or voip mic, they really don't. So when we put our fate into the tribunals hands... what do you expect to come out of it?

It's like expecting all grandmothers to understand why we listen to dubstep, or metal. You know? So instead of playing the music near grandma, lets put our headphones in and every time she asks "we'll just reply its classical music grandma".

And we'll solve our own problem.. because I'm sure a lot of you are tired of putting money into a game to have it permanently taken from you at the end. And for those of you who think your immune because it hasn't happened in months, or years. Just keep in mind, human beings by nature are not perfect and are going to screw up at some point in time... its just a matter of time. So lets take a precautionary action now to help our community use a lesser punishment tool of a "mute/ignore" function.

The reason I posted this is because I am getting tired of people who don't even bother using those steps, but they skip right to the function of report. So while sitting in game, I see two people arguing and then they say they are reporting each other. Than you have 3 more people chime in they are doing the same, they just have to choose who.

It feels like a bunch of children running to tell mommy and daddy first in hopes to be the victor.. not realizing they are going to get in trouble themselves. It's time to grow up children, big deal your sibling just walked by and said your TV show sucks, ignore it and move on. That way you don't have to make a big deal out of it and involve the parents "tribunal" and you both end up not getting to watch anymore TV.

That make sense?

PenguinKillBear

01-22-2013

I will keep reporting people, and hitting punish to those who make my games toxic. I will not worry about being banned myself as I do not act like a jerk in game.

SimplyAlive

01-22-2013

I'm sorry, but you won't have any issues with the Tribunal if you just 'slip' once or twice due to a stressful day.
Perhaps you will be unlucky and get a warning, but go any further and I doubt it are only 'slips'.

Quote:
We already all know that tribunal consists of O.C.D people that can't manage to figure out natural human behavior towards one another in real life doesn't go really "peaches and cream" all the time.
Not going to waste more time on you if you can't even refrain from insulting people who are in your opposition.

Gsniper

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-22-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by PenguinKillBear View Post
I will keep reporting people, and hitting punish to those who make my games toxic. I will not worry about being banned myself as I do not act like a jerk in game.

Then you are a supporter of the tribunal who doesn't understand its only a matter of time before someone gives you that same courtesy..

LargeSnorlax

01-22-2013

So, we're given tools to use, like the ignore button and the report button, but we should only be using the ignore button and not the report button?

If someone is enough of a jerk to warrant being ignored in a game that's specifically centered around teamwork, why should people not report him? Because he's 'having a bad day'?

On a side note, I love the ninja edit of "Child" to "tribunal supporter". Really keeps the ass in class.

Tasix

01-22-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gsniper View Post
Then you are a child who doesn't understand its only a matter of time before someone gives you that same courtesy..
You totally missed his point, so it's no wonder you have to resort to making posts like this to begin with.
You must be someone that hates the fact he should just walk away the bigger man when someone flames him, but instead add fuel to the fire by arguing back and getting banned for it.
What he meant was ACT like a jerk/tool or flame abuse people in games he plays with you, the likely hood is he will report you.

What you follow on to say is he's likely to end up on that side of the fence one day and maybe he will but if he is as honest as his contributions to Tribunal are, then he has not a lot to worry about.

PenguinKillBear

01-22-2013

Quote:
Then you are a child who doesn't understand its only a matter of time before someone gives you that same courtesy..
I am not a child. I have a family, full time job, friends. I dont play this game so that it can be ruined by toxic folks.

I have never had a warning. I dont rage in game. I do enough voting to know that cases are pardoned when they did nothing wrong. I am not worried about being banned because I do not act like a child. I have also been in this system long enough to know that you dont just end up in the tribunal cause you raged in one game. I have never been and will never be worried about the tribunal because I know how it works.

Instead of deciding to not report each other when players are acting like children, maybe it would work better if people just didnt act like immature children who can't stop themselves from raging cause they lost a game.

Gsniper

01-22-2013

Again for those who are not supporters of tribunal, you can see a prime example of why you should resort to using ignore and mute buttons first, rather than reporting immediately like has been the trend, and its evident because then your left at the hands of being judged by people like Snorlax,simplyalive, and penguinkiller. If enough people start using this method rather than immediately reporting people for miniscule ridiculous things because someone is not 100% satisfied with the manner your behaving "OCD" you can avoid a lot less weekly and perm bans.

And you can already see how they react to someone they don't agree with, even if its not wrong. They have to think its right otherwise its still a punishment.

Thank's for helping me out gents

Exploding Barrel

01-22-2013

Quote:
Again for those who are not supporters of tribunal, you can see a prime example of why you should resort to using ignore and mute buttons first, rather than reporting immediately like has been the trend, and its evident because then your left at the hands of being judged by people like Snorlax,simplyalive, and penguinkiller. If enough people start using this method rather than immediately reporting people for miniscule ridiculous things because someone is not 100% satisfied with the manner your behaving "OCD" you can avoid a lot less weekly and perm bans.

And you can already see how they react to someone they don't agree with, even if its not wrong. They have to think its right otherwise its still a punishment.

Thank's for helping me out gents
Oh no! I hate being judged by well spoken, level headed individuals too.

In other news, I don't think you know what OCD is.

Ðemøns in my hæd

01-22-2013

You don't end up in tribunal for "having a bad day", and if your day is so bad that you find yourself harassing people over the internet, you should probably take a nice long walk.