Thoughts on Caitlyn Ultimate.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

GiottoXIII

01-25-2013

I think expanding her ultimate to be somethiing similar to tf's giving global sight but only allowing targets in a fairly large but not global range to be hit would be a good tradeoff... and when i say give global sight i dont mean to the entire team so it can't be abused in public matches whereas if someone is working with a team that can effectively mean two small global sightings...

I think another possible tweak is to make her ultimate hit with more force at close range and a base score at a longer range... that would make tanks think twice about trying to block a shot for their low health buddies...

fletche00

01-25-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by GiottoXIII View Post
I think expanding her ultimate to be somethiing similar to tf's giving global sight but only allowing targets in a fairly large but not global range to be hit would be a good tradeoff... and when i say give global sight i dont mean to the entire team so it can't be abused in public matches whereas if someone is working with a team that can effectively mean two small global sightings...

I think another possible tweak is to make her ultimate hit with more force at close range and a base score at a longer range... that would make tanks think twice about trying to block a shot for their low health buddies...
The fact that the shot can be blocked is pretty awesome, considering if one of the goonies runs to the side, somebody has to get out of position to block it, then your team can just wreck them 4v3, and you run in and do your thing.

If you are suggesting a tier of damage based on range, I would imagine it would hurt more the farther it is for this, not closer, otherwise, it would not have such a massive range. who would want to use it to pick somebody off if it does massive damage as close range, then all caits are just going to pop it when its off CD, which defeats the purpose of her ultimate.

GiottoXIII

01-25-2013

an intelligent caitlyn is not going to burn her ult at a close range due to the severe channel/cast time thats involved with it especially since an apc or another reasonable adc can just face melt her while she's trying to pull off her ult... i fail to see how that would defeat the purpose of her ultimate... my proposal would simply make a person think twice about blocking it as a tank as they'd suffer some more reasonable damage considering tanks stack armor and the ult is a phys damage ult and not a magic damage ult so even in the early games a half health tank could still block it they wanted to but they would think more about it before committing to a situation like if hte tank knows there's a gank waiting in the bush....

Peligrad

01-25-2013

Cait already sees a ton of play. She's in every tourny.

The rest of her kit merits her having a less powerful ult.

The only way you could add more power to her ult would be to take it away from her pre-6. And that wouldn't be good for cait on the whole.