Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Why is Warmogs

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

TasogareReiken

01-22-2013

So strong that its viable for assassins to take without a significant loss of burst damage?

I think its just that because they removed the farm requirement to get its health, the assassin who doesn't cs all that much gets the full benefits without any work like you used to have to do. They go from moderately squishy to tank in one purchase. That doesn't explain why its non-significant for burst damage though.

Kholdstare13

01-22-2013

It's because assassins don't need to rely on itemization as much for burst. Free slots for defensive, and health becomes the go-to. Penetration changes, man.

67chrome

01-22-2013

Most burst damage requires somewhere in the neighborhood of 150-400 Ability Power (based on the skill ranks 1-5) to cause abilities to deal double damage.

You only need ~500-2000 health to gain double your EHP, from levels 1-18.

Health is just incredibly strong on anyone early-game, as you can close to triple your damage output just by sheer staying power.

PLXG DArK DRaGoN

01-22-2013

i agree with 67 chrome

ROOOOOAST

01-22-2013

Bah, a warmog reduce there potential burst, thats for sure. But what you can do is get a warmog yourself (or like a frozen mallet) so your not as vulnerable to burst as much.

xxxxPandaxxxx

01-23-2013

Quote:
PLXG DArK DRaGoN:
i agree with 67 chrome
me too

masterdragon481

01-24-2013

I think I would be okay with a warmogs nerf; it is literally built on everyone now because of the anti burst and siege potential it brings. I haven't been able to play a lot recently, but I have been spectating/ watching streams and see at least four a game. One game every team member besides support had one, and the other team couldn't kill a single target. I understand that is exactly what it is used for, to avoid getting killed, but I feel like its doing it a little better than it should be right now, if EVERYONE is buying it.