Tribunal needs an option to punish the reporter

12
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Spald

Senior Member

01-22-2013

I'm fairly new to tribunal, but I'm seeing a plethora of cases that should never have been reported.
1) Player reported for assisting enemy team: text says he KS'ed the reporter
2) Assisting enemy team: text says the player dodged queue in the last game (I seriously saw this one)
3) Verbal abuse: the reported player never said a word
4) Intentional feeding: the reported player was 8/3

These are just from my last day's cases. There needs to be some punishment for players who just get mad and take a shot in the dark to get someone banned (hoping for bad tribunal judges I guess). Something more than just having their reports carry slightly less weight.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

GON the Mage Guy

Senior Member

01-22-2013

There's this thing where you vote on whether or not the person deserves it so false reports have no value.

Also read the Tribunal FAQ. Voting weight is decreased if you report falsely.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Xianio

Senior Member

01-22-2013

To clarify what GON has described,

When you vote Pardon on those cases (which I naturally assume you did) the people who reported that individual get a "-1" to the weight of their reporting power. Eventually, after enough reports that end in a pardon/don't reach the tribunal at all that persons reporting power drops to 0.

Once it reaches that point the reporter can hit the report button all day long but it won't send anyone to the tribunal or count towards the "number of games they've been reported in."

These people suck, we know, but by doing what you're doing and voting Pardon you're removing them from the system.

So good job

Edit: Downvotes for the explanation of the system? Seems one of our recently permabanned friends is expressing his frustration all over this forum lol.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Gimpyloser

Senior Member

01-22-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xianio View Post
To clarify what GON has described,

When you vote Pardon on those cases (which I naturally assume you did) the people who reported that individual get a "-1" to the weight of their reporting power. Eventually, after enough reports that end in a pardon/don't reach the tribunal at all that persons reporting power drops to 0.

Once it reaches that point the reporter can hit the report button all day long but it won't send anyone to the tribunal or count towards the "number of games they've been reported in."

These people suck, we know, but by doing what you're doing and voting Pardon you're removing them from the system.

So good job

Edit: Downvotes for the explanation of the system? Seems one of our recently permabanned friends is expressing his frustration all over this forum lol.
Do you have a link to validate those comments? I'm not saying you're wrong, but I'd like to see the source.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Zachrin

Member

01-22-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gimpyloser View Post
Do you have a link to validate those comments? I'm not saying you're wrong, but I'd like to see the source.
I can't find where Lyte used that exact wording (I'll dig around some more to see if I can find a better red quote), but the general idea behind the post is in the tribunal FAQ:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lyte View Post

How many reports put you in the Tribunal?
Typically a large number of reports are required before a player appears in the Tribunal, so if you had a bad game and are reported, donít worry! You will most likely not end up in the Tribunal.

The Tribunal does take into account the credibility of the people who file reports. If you are a positive player in League of Legends and only report when the offenses deserve it, your reports will actually be worth a lot more in the Tribunal than someone who abuses the reporting system and falsely reports lots of players.

Generally, players who follow the Summonerís Code and respect their fellow gamers should never be concerned about seeing the Tribunal.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Kirska

Senior Member

01-22-2013

I don't even look at the report reasons or comments unless I am on the fence about a case.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

170 Calories

Senior Member

01-22-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xianio View Post
To clarify what GON has described,

When you vote Pardon on those cases (which I naturally assume you did) the people who reported that individual get a "-1" to the weight of their reporting power. Eventually, after enough reports that end in a pardon/don't reach the tribunal at all that persons reporting power drops to 0.

Once it reaches that point the reporter can hit the report button all day long but it won't send anyone to the tribunal or count towards the "number of games they've been reported in."

These people suck, we know, but by doing what you're doing and voting Pardon you're removing them from the system.

So good job
Edit: Downvotes for the explanation of the system? Seems one of our recently permabanned friends is expressing his frustration all over this forum lol.

This is good info to know you have enlightened me as well


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Gsniper

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Member

01-22-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spald01 View Post
There needs to be some punishment for players who just get mad and take a shot in the dark to get someone banned (hoping for bad tribunal judges I guess). Something more than just having their reports carry slightly less weight.

What about a punishment as well for tribunal judges who happen to just get on tribunal and hit punish on all of the cases as much as possible because they are taking anger out on the system?


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Lord Ferret

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Senior Member

01-22-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gsniper View Post
What about a punishment as well for tribunal judges who happen to just get on tribunal and hit punish on all of the cases as much as possible because they are taking anger out on the system?
Riot has banned people for that. And also for excessive reporting. So yes Riot has things in place for those people and others.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Gsniper

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Member

01-22-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Ferret View Post
Riot has banned people for that. And also for excessive reporting. So yes Riot has things in place for those people and others.

Good because in the real world, people like that get kicked in the teeth after being sentenced and locked up in jail.


12