Guide to play like a pro. The skill that u should train and need..

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

zubawanga

11-30-2009

Well. my stats is is 143 win, 112 lost, 0 left. I'm lvl 26 pro Dota player who started LOL during open beta. I played solo random games for like the first 150+ games and have more losses then win. Then i started playing arrange team and my win begin to spike up.

This is what i have learn from my experience and wish to share with all the noob who think they are pro.

1. You need to learn how to do the 1 hit 1 kill creeping. This is essential when u are soloing twp enemy or fighting two range hero who wont let u hit the creep. Also, u will be earning a lot more then the enemy early one.

2. You need to played all the champion at least once to lvl 16 to learn and get a feel of how the hero work. I know new player wont be able to do that as they need to wait for rotation and some hero wont be in any rotation. I think the admin should unlock all champion for new player in the first 2 weeks for them to get a feel of how all the hero work.

3. After lvl 6, u need to learn to be more aware of all the enemy position. Look at the minimap more often and be more mindful of where they were last seen. I have seen and warn my teammates too many times about hero missing and they still get gank by the enemy. This skill not only apply to the enemy, but also to your allies. Too many times i have seen my teammates just stand there farming creep while i try to kill the enemy hero just a few steps from him.

4. You need to train and have a good chess movement skill. This means u need to plan ahead before you try to engage the enemy. Just like a pro chess player, u need to plan your move a few step ahead and predict what the enemy is going to do and counter them.

5. In the mid to late game, always work as a team and dont linger at an exposed area for too long. Try to farm forest creep and keep yourself hidden as much as possible and stay not too far from you allies. This way, when you are hunted you can escape to your allies and he will help you kill the enemy. The same way work for your allies too, when he get hunted, you can go help him kill the enemy.

6. Never give up a game too early cause once you give up, then the game is finish. I once played as rysa with 10+ kill and 0 death. and 80% of my team kill is from myself. My teammates gave up and feeding like crazy. I told them dont give up and keep on farming while i stop them from pushing tower. Then i play mind games with the opponent by tricking them to kill me at least once before pushing and ending the game. It work, my teammates grow as i keep on hunting the enemy and they keep on trying to kill me. In the end, we won the game when my teammate is powerfull enough to kill them all at once and we push the game and end it quickly. This is also a lesson who those who think they have won and delay the game longer then necessary. Remember, you haven't win yet until you see the "victory" sign on your monitor.

Beside, you learn a lot more in a losing game then a winning game. Giving up early means you will learn nothing from it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haplo View Post
The Revised Version (Better Grammar)

Well. my stats are143 wins, 112 losses, 0 left. I'm a Summoner Lvl 26 pro Dota player who started playing LOL during open beta. I played solo random games for like the first 150+ games and have more losses than wins. Then, i started playing arranged team games and my win ratio began to spike up.

This is what i have learned from my experiences and i wish to share with them with all the noobs who think they are pro.

1. You need to learn how to last hit Creeps. This means that you only attack a the minion once and that one hit needs to kill it. This is an essential way to farm gold. Once it is perfected you will always score the gold and you will keep the wave from being pushed to the opponents tower. If an opponent is able to fight creeps at their tower they immediately have the advantage. You aren't able to gank them from separate lanes and it is nearly impossible to kill them in general without risking a trip back to town or dieing as well.

2. You need to play all the champion at least once to lvl 16 to learn and get a feel of how the hero works. I know new player wont be able to do that as they need to wait for rotation and some hero wont be in any rotation. I think the admin should unlock all champion for new player in the first 2 weeks for them to get a feel of how all the hero work.

This is actually a fantastic idea for new players. It will help them immensely. A lot of new players play poorly against certain heroes. They don't know their abilities and therefor they don't know how to counter them. A lot of deaths could be avoided if newer players knew what to do

3. After lvl 6, you need to learn to be more aware of all the enemy's position. Look at the minimap more often and be more mindful of where they were last seen. I have seen and warned my teammates too many times about hero missing and they still get gank by the enemy. This skill not only apply to the enemy, but also to your allies. Too many times i have seen my teammates just stand there farming creeps while i try to kill the enemy hero just a few steps from him.

4. You need to have smart movement patterns similar to chess. This means you need to plan ahead before you try to engage the enemy. Just like a pro chess player, you need to plan your move a few steps ahead and predict what the enemy is going to do and counter them.

5. In the mid to late game, always work as a team and don't linger at an exposed area for too long. Try to farm forest creeps and keep yourself hidden as much as possible and stay not too far from you allies. This way, when you are hunted you can escape to your allies and they will help you kill the enemy. The same way works for your allies too, when they get hunted, you can go help him kill the enemy.

6. Never give up a game too early cause once you give up, the game is finish. I once played as ryse with 10+ kills and 0 deaths. 80% of my team kills were from myself. My teammates gave up and were feeding like crazy. I told them don't give up and keep on farming while i stop them from pushing tower. Then i played mind games with the opponent by tricking them into killing me and wasting time and to help keep them from pushing and ending the game. It worked, my teammates farmed as i kept on hunting the enemy and they kept on trying to kill me. In the end, we won the game when my teammates became powerful enough to kill them all in a team battle. We pushed the Nexus and ended it quickly. This is a lesson for those who think they have won and delay the game longer than necessary. Remember, you haven't won until you see the "victory" sign on your monitor.

Besides, you learn a lot more in a losing game than a winning game. Giving up early means you will learn nothing from it.

This is a simple yet great Post. It covers a lot of basics that a lot of new players don't think about their action or the opponents movements. Map awareness and teamwork are essential for victory.

Dahras

11-30-2009

I like this a lot. Especially 4 and 6. Those are often ignored.

Vichar

11-30-2009

The points you make are all good ones. However, I often find that the intended audience does not yet have the knowledge or skills to really understand how to do the things on your list.

I'll just take one of your examples:

[abridged] 1. Learn how to last hit creeps properly.

OK, most folks understand how important this is. However, it's not exactly clear to a new player how this is done. Let me go into more detail:

Last hitting is actually a different activity for a melee champ vs. a ranged champ. A melee champ actually has an easier time last hitting in some ways because his damage is applied almost immediately. Ranged champs have all different projectile velocities, so timing with them is more tricky. Also, it matters how many allied creeps are already shooting at your intended target.

Of course, a melee champ is easier to harrass (usually) than a ranged champ. It might be worthwhile in a meaningful guide to teach new players how to keep their health up as a melee champ laning against ranged champions.

A good example is worth 100 words. I watched the CA (Couch Athletics) finals on YouTube and observed Malphite last hitting and using his AOE smack to farm.

zubawanga

11-30-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vichar View Post
The points you make are all good ones. However, I often find that the intended audience does not yet have the knowledge or skills to really understand how to do the things on your list.

I'll just take one of your examples:

[abridged] 1. Learn how to last hit creeps properly.

OK, most folks understand how important this is. However, it's not exactly clear to a new player how this is done. Let me go into more detail:

Last hitting is actually a different activity for a melee champ vs. a ranged champ. A melee champ actually has an easier time last hitting in some ways because his damage is applied almost immediately. Ranged champs have all different projectile velocities, so timing with them is more tricky. Also, it matters how many allied creeps are already shooting at your intended target.

Of course, a melee champ is easier to harrass (usually) than a ranged champ. It might be worthwhile in a meaningful guide to teach new players how to keep their health up as a melee champ laning against ranged champions.

A good example is worth 100 words. I watched the CA (Couch Athletics) finals on YouTube and observed Malphite last hitting and using his AOE smack to farm.

Well, the 1 hit 1 kill skill is different for each champion. So, i can't really go into it and teach them, they will just have to learn on their own. If there is 1 advise i can give on how to play better is this, always play on the defense. Especially at the beginning of the game where we are all equal in level and item. Don't charge them. Let them charge at u. Try to lure them to tower and get the tower help to bring them down. Be patient and wait for the opportunity when the enemy make mistake and get hit by tower. And dont miss out on the opportunity when they are presented to u. I always like to solo bottom or top against 2 enemy and this is what i always do to kill 1 or both of them.

Haplo

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-30-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by zubawanga View Post
Well. my stats is is 143 win, 112 lost, 0 left. I'm lvl 26 pro Dota player who started LOL during open beta. I played solo random games for like the first 150+ games and have more losses then win. Then i started playing arrange team and my win begin to spike up.

This is what i have learn from my experience and wish to share with all the noob who think they are pro.

1. You need to learn how to do the 1 hit 1 kill creeping. This is essential when u are soloing twp enemy or fighting two range hero who wont let u hit the creep. Also, u will be earning a lot more then the enemy early one.

2. You need to played all the champion at least once to lvl 16 to learn and get a feel of how the hero work. I know new player wont be able to do that as they need to wait for rotation and some hero wont be in any rotation. I think the admin should unlock all champion for new player in the first 2 weeks for them to get a feel of how all the hero work.

3. After lvl 6, u need to learn to be more aware of all the enemy position. Look at the minimap more often and be more mindful of where they were last seen. I have seen and warn my teammates too many times about hero missing and they still get gank by the enemy. This skill not only apply to the enemy, but also to your allies. Too many times i have seen my teammates just stand there farming creep while i try to kill the enemy hero just a few steps from him.

4. You need to train and have a good chess movement skill. This means u need to plan ahead before you try to engage the enemy. Just like a pro chess player, u need to plan your move a few step ahead and predict what the enemy is going to do and counter them.

5. In the mid to late game, always work as a team and dont linger at an exposed area for too long. Try to farm forest creep and keep yourself hidden as much as possible and stay not too far from you allies. This way, when you are hunted you can escape to your allies and he will help you kill the enemy. The same way work for your allies too, when he get hunted, you can go help him kill the enemy.

6. Never give up a game too early cause once you give up, then the game is finish. I once played as rysa with 10+ kill and 0 death. and 80% of my team kill is from myself. My teammates gave up and feeding like crazy. I told them dont give up and keep on farming while i stop them from pushing tower. Then i play mind games with the opponent by tricking them to kill me at least once before pushing and ending the game. It work, my teammates grow as i keep on hunting the enemy and they keep on trying to kill me. In the end, we won the game when my teammate is powerfull enough to kill them all at once and we push the game and end it quickly. This is also a lesson who those who think they have won and delay the game longer then necessary. Remember, you haven't win yet until you see the "victory" sign on your monitor.

Beside, you learn a lot more in a losing game then a winning game. Giving up early means you will learn nothing from it.

The Revised Version (Better Grammar)

Well. my stats are143 wins, 112 losses, 0 left. I'm a Summoner Lvl 26 pro Dota player who started playing LOL during open beta. I played solo random games for like the first 150+ games and have more losses than wins. Then, i started playing arranged team games and my win ratio began to spike up.

This is what i have learned from my experiences and i wish to share with them with all the noobs who think they are pro.

1. You need to learn how to last hit Creeps. This means that you only attack a the minion once and that one hit needs to kill it. This is an essential way to farm gold. Once it is perfected you will always score the gold and you will keep the wave from being pushed to the opponents tower. If an opponent is able to fight creeps at their tower they immediately have the advantage. You aren't able to gank them from separate lanes and it is nearly impossible to kill them in general without risking a trip back to town or dieing as well.

2. You need to play all the champion at least once to lvl 16 to learn and get a feel of how the hero works. I know new player wont be able to do that as they need to wait for rotation and some hero wont be in any rotation. I think the admin should unlock all champion for new player in the first 2 weeks for them to get a feel of how all the hero work.

This is actually a fantastic idea for new players. It will help them immensely. A lot of new players play poorly against certain heroes. They don't know their abilities and therefor they don't know how to counter them. A lot of deaths could be avoided if newer players knew what to do

3. After lvl 6, you need to learn to be more aware of all the enemy's position. Look at the minimap more often and be more mindful of where they were last seen. I have seen and warned my teammates too many times about hero missing and they still get gank by the enemy. This skill not only apply to the enemy, but also to your allies. Too many times i have seen my teammates just stand there farming creeps while i try to kill the enemy hero just a few steps from him.

4. You need to have smart movement patterns similar to chess. This means you need to plan ahead before you try to engage the enemy. Just like a pro chess player, you need to plan your move a few steps ahead and predict what the enemy is going to do and counter them.

5. In the mid to late game, always work as a team and don't linger at an exposed area for too long. Try to farm forest creeps and keep yourself hidden as much as possible and stay not too far from you allies. This way, when you are hunted you can escape to your allies and they will help you kill the enemy. The same way works for your allies too, when they get hunted, you can go help him kill the enemy.

6. Never give up a game too early cause once you give up, the game is finish. I once played as ryse with 10+ kills and 0 deaths. 80% of my team kills were from myself. My teammates gave up and were feeding like crazy. I told them don't give up and keep on farming while i stop them from pushing tower. Then i played mind games with the opponent by tricking them into killing me and wasting time and to help keep them from pushing and ending the game. It worked, my teammates farmed as i kept on hunting the enemy and they kept on trying to kill me. In the end, we won the game when my teammates became powerful enough to kill them all in a team battle. We pushed the Nexus and ended it quickly. This is a lesson for those who think they have won and delay the game longer than necessary. Remember, you haven't won until you see the "victory" sign on your monitor.

Besides, you learn a lot more in a losing game than a winning game. Giving up early means you will learn nothing from it.

This is a simple yet great Post. It covers a lot of basics that a lot of new players don't think about their action or the opponents movements. Map awareness and teamwork are essential for victory.

BranGor

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-30-2009

Pro dota player? Sounds like you've only been in pubs.

Redskizzers

11-30-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by BranGor View Post
Pro dota player? Sounds like you've only been in pubs.
He said he's been in premade teams before, and most of his advice is good advice (map awareness, try to stay hidden)

zubawanga

12-01-2009

I'm sure there is more advise someone can give, and i'll put it up on the first post.

thegamenet

Recruiter

12-01-2009

Great guide man - I put you into the Lol Wiki - www.thelolwiki.com

Wraithslayer

12-01-2009

The giving up too early part is really really vital. Most players don't realize the influence tactics and coordination can have even when you are at a disadvantage on everything else.

I keep seeing people giving up in mid game because the other team is 5 levels higher and got twice the kills. Usually the argument is, "they are overfed, can't be won now".
This is bull**** especially if you are playing a PuG.

While kills, gold advantage, item advantage and level advantage is huge it can be overcome. Levels flat out at 18, and item power will also reach a theoretical cap.

In LoL, the defending team always holds an advantage and you need to utilize that advantage to weigh up some of the enemy teams advantages. Play in your base, at your towers, do not head out into lanes or the forrest and do not hunt after fleeing enemies unless you are absolutely certain of the kill and your ability to get back again safely.

Make sure to play as a team. Let the enemy team push onto your base and engage them there. Fall back if you are about to die and don't take any chances. If you got good team coordination and skill you should be able to catch up in item and levels by picking off kills and creeping minions at your base, while level cap will keep the other team from advancing further.

The goal is to let the enemy attack and try to get a three champion kill without anyone on your team dying. At end game, wiping the enemy team or almost wiping them gives you a full 70 seconds of havoc. That is more than enough to push an entire lane and take out an inhibitor and then fall back to your base just before they res. Suddently you've turned the game around.

I've seen lots of games turned around from seemingly insurmountable odds, and I've seen lots of winnable games being given up due to leavers.