Riot Listen!!

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Syrusa

01-22-2013

If a champion is on the ban/picked list for every ranked game, they should also be on your nerf board. Why are they banned/played over every other champion so often? What makes them the better choice?

I am sure you guys pay attention to these kinds of things, and doing your best to keep the game in check. Keep up the good work fellas!

Quote:
DrunkenRageFish
This is true for most cases. However it is also false for a lot. I see Darius banned nearly every game on the lower ELO's yet aside from his ult being a little ridiculous he's easily countered.
Just as long as riot is aware of these variables, and are looking at potential nerfs for each champion constantly on the ban/picked list.

Quote:
penguinjerky
Lots of frequently banned champions actually have very low win rates. Ali and blitz, for instance, get banned all the time yet hover at around 45% win rates nowadays.
Yeah this may be a factor. And riot could deem some of these champions not nerf worthy, that's fine. Would like confirmation that they follow ranked champion statistics closely when deciding who gets the nerfs and who gets the buffs.

Quote:
Fallen1994
probably because they are always banned , then when they are not banned , ppl try to use them because "they are op" and feed hard because they havent played it for a long time.
This.

DrunkenRageFish

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-22-2013

This is true for most cases. However it is also false for a lot. I see Darius banned nearly every game on the lower ELO's yet aside from his ult being a little ridiculous he's easily countered.

Syrusa

01-22-2013

Bump hammer.

penguinjerky

01-22-2013

Lots of frequently banned champions actually have very low win rates. Ali and blitz, for instance, get banned all the time yet hover at around 45% win rates nowadays.

Atom411

01-22-2013

the champs i see banned are for their abilities not the damge, like blitz, he isnt strong he just alot of cc and is a pain in bot lane, or malphite with his ult.

Syrusa

01-22-2013

Bump hammered.

Fallen1994

01-22-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by penguinjerky View Post
probably because they are always banned , then when they are not banned , ppl try to use them because "they are op" and feed hard because they havent played it for a long time.

Syrusa

01-22-2013

Bumper thumper.

Durr

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-22-2013

Hi. I'm a championship boxer. I have a left hook that many boxers fear because I have been known to shatter collarbones with it. That's all that makes me good though, and people can find a way to counter it easily, so I don't win many of my bouts, I am just not fun to play against.

The above is an analogy to back up the following statement: Just because a champion has a part about him that is "unfun" or annoying to play against (shen global, blitz grab, eve stealth, darius ult, etc) doesn't make me overpowered or worthy of a nerf. They are banned because either A. The person banning them doesn't want to deal with a certain mechanic that that champion brings to a match, or B. They are unfun and lack counterplay.

It doesn't mean that they need to be nerfed.

StriderVix

01-22-2013

Bump hammer.