The 9 pot/2 ward start is overrated

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Dyr0nejk2

01-22-2013

Yes it gives someone incredible staying power and early lane safety/sustain, but people need to realize there is more to the situation than QQPOTSOPNEEDNERFJFJSDGJSDGJSDF. If you go boots 3 as teemo vs.singed, and singed knowing its a hard lane goes 9 pots 2 wards, you still out farm/even in farm and you are up 350 GOLD that is MORE THAN A KILL and the equivalent of 2 WHOLE WAVES OF CREEPS. They are trading gold efficiency for lane safety. So please stop *****ing about how you can't kill the 9 pots/2 wards person when you already get a kill+more of an advantage right off the bat.

Edit: For all you people saying it creates an inevitable war of attrition leading to an advantage that is true, but does not change the heart of the matter. It's just like buying a flask over 10 pots, sure a flask isn't as good, but its a long term investment. Basically just like the users of the 9/2 start buying a flask is meant to garner a long term advantage rather than short-term effectiveness. There is a give and take.

For those of you who say that singed forces teemo out of lane, clears waves makes up the difference, bla bla bla... How the **** would a teemo with boots ever get forced out of lane by a singed?

GODSTATUS

01-22-2013

Why would you open 9/2 as teemo

DropoftheGun

01-22-2013

and then you have to go back, while singed pushes your lane down and you come back with 3 health pots. That gold advantage just dropped to 245.

Dyr0nejk2

01-22-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by GODSTATUS View Post
Why would you open 9/2 as teemo
No I mean Singed is opening 9/2 against teemo because teemo beats the **** out of him early.

Maximum Riven

01-22-2013

IF you start 9/2 or 11/1 and trade aggressively, it makes all your trading DEVASTATING because you can heal off the damage and force your opponent to back and miss creep. That's really the strength of it, it's not so you can play safe so much as you can force an early war of attrition and win even if your lane opponent outtrades you.

WukongBR

01-22-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cant Play Riven View Post
IF you start 9/2 or 11/1 and trade aggressively, it makes all your trading DEVASTATING because you can heal off the damage and force your opponent to back and miss creep. That's really the strength of it, it's not so you can play safe so much as you can force an early war of attrition and win even if your lane opponent outtrades you.
Or they can guage whether to go in and kill you with ignite active because they have an item advantage.

Voidgolem

01-22-2013

OMG they heal like a billion HPs over the course of a minute and a half! UNCOUNTERABLE.

*autoattacks/Q's once.*

*+1 kill*

:|

MichaeI Jaxon

01-22-2013

The whole idea of 9/2 is to go aggressive and then negate their damage by healing it off...
There are very VERY VERY few champs that take 9/2 solely to farm and do nothing in return. Why would you start a passive 9/2 in lane when you can simply go armor 5 or MR Runes + NullMagic + 2

Good examples of this are Fizz, who can attempt to all in you at level 3 (For those who don't know, Fizz' all in is pretty scary at level 3 if he knows what he's doing because his DoT + Ignite will hurt a crapload and you will at most land 2/3 skills you have if he knows how to use his E) and heal off any damage he may have taken in the process whether it did or didn't work out.

Other examples are Veigar, who can take your harass all the way till he's 6 at which point he's already outscaling you now. Why? He's farmed, has more AP than you, has more HP left because your damage was negated by healing, and is now in a comfortable laning position.

Exsanguinated

01-22-2013

I start with 0 pots cuz I'm a boss and I sustain myself. YUAH!

If not I'll B and Teleport right back.

Koraq

01-22-2013

Yes, the Teemo in that situation is up 350 gold.

That's a helluva lot better than Singed giving up 1-2 kills and missing out on 2-3 creep waves, pushing that disparity to two or three times higher.