Player Psychographics (Timmy, Johnny, Spike) Does riot have any?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Professor Maple

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Recruiter

01-22-2013

Really into magic the gathering and love the psychographic profiles they use as target audiences. Does Riot use a similar system when designing content for players?

For those unaware of magic's profiles

Timmy - Timmy wants to experience something. Timmy plays Magic because he enjoys the feeling he gets when he plays. What that feeling is will vary from Timmy to Timmy, but what all Timmies have in common is that they enjoy the visceral experience of playing.

Johnny - Because Johnny wants to express something. To Johnny, Magic is an opportunity to show the world something about himself, be it how creative he is or how clever he is or how offbeat he is. As such, Johnny is very focused on the customizability of the game. Deck building isn't an aspect of the game to Johnny; it's the aspect.

Spike - Spikes plays to prove something, primarily to prove how good he is. You see, Spike sees the game as a mental challenge by which he can define and demonstrate his abilities. Spike gets his greatest joy from winning because his motivation is using the game to show what he is capable of. Anything less than success is a failure because that is the yardstick he is judging himself against.

William12726

01-22-2013

I'm Spike, but when i'm occasionally a Timmy, I enjoy it a lot. Whenever i'm a Johnny, I'm not trying to be, but I end up liking it anyways.

The Soraka

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-22-2013

oh **** i'm 100% spike.
I hate this game, i only play it because of how long i've been playing it and I feel I lack the proper recognition for my skills.

The Soraka

01-22-2013

bump