Spanish Speaking

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Muddy Vayne

01-22-2013

Would you like to donate money to Riot to keep those additional servers up and running?
I think you forgot that League is a free to play game, Riot isn't necessarily swimming in hundred dollar bills.

TaknLives

01-22-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Muddy Vayne View Post
Would you like to donate money to Riot to keep those additional servers up and running?
I think you forgot that League is a free to play game, Riot isn't necessarily swimming in hundred dollar bills.
If you think that Riot can not afford another server than you are mistaken.

GalaxyHeroRumble

01-22-2013

Quote:
Actually, Riot makes more money through champions/skins than they did when the game was p2p.

Muddy Vayne

01-22-2013

If an "NA Mexico" server was made, the population would be so low that people will just come back to the original NA server, thus wasting money and time on creating the server. Brazilian server is in bad shape, from what I hear it's mostly the PR department at fault but that's hearsay.
NA servers are in a good spot. Even Brazilians still use "mia mid/top/bot" "b" and all the other "English" acronyms on their own server. Language barriers are easy to overcome if you don't start the game hating them for not speaking your native language.

sultryvoltron

01-22-2013

English is the national language of the vast majority of the population that plays on the NA server.

I don't include Greenland, as they are physically closer to the EUW server. The population of the entire Carribean is too small to cater to.

And then there is Mexico. Many of them do speak enough English to communicate in LoL, but refuse to. Others speak absolutely no English, and thus unable to communicate. Both are bad situations for the English-only speakers, no matter what country they are from.

Let's be honest, nobody is complaining too much about the French speaking Canadians, because they will speak in English when they need to. In fact, you've probably played with a French speaking Canadian and never knew it.

Meanwhile, you ALWAYS know when you've played with a Mexican.

Muddy Vayne

01-22-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by sultryvoltron View Post
Meanwhile, you ALWAYS know when you've played with a Mexican.
This stereotype is unnecessary, even though most of the NA players share your thoughts. Racial stereotypes are likely one of the main reasons players don't get along.

sultryvoltron

01-22-2013

Quote:
This stereotype is unnecessary, even though most of the NA players share your thoughts. Racial stereotypes are likely one of the main reasons players don't get along.
It's a racial stereotype that people who live in Mexico speak Spanish? It's a racial stereotype that Mexicans are a very proud people?

Weird.

StationaryObject

01-22-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by sultryvoltron View Post
It's a racial stereotype that people who live in Mexico speak Spanish? It's a racial stereotype that Mexicans are a very proud people?

Weird.
...Seeing as the Spanish also speak the language Spanish....
You can speak Spanish and not be Mexican.
Americans can have just as much pride and be real jerks about it.

omegademan

01-22-2013

I quickly Google Spanish phrases when I want someone to q-dodge. Am I a bad person?

Creo en el corazón de las tarjetas.

OneVendetta

01-22-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Internet View Post
He tried really hard to english.
That doesn't even make sense. The irony LOL.