is Vi overpowered ?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

FlongerDonger

01-22-2013

She's a get up in your face and beat you down champion that looses to anyone who can out damage her and out sustain her (being every top lane including Teemo) and even with her Q is very vulnerable to the early gank, she is not OP you just don't know how to deal with her.

LionsCandy

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-22-2013

Oh.

Jax.

I win.

CerealBoxOfDoom

01-22-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by LionsCandy View Post
Oh.

Jax.

I win.
I actually ended up feeding a jax one kill and nunu fed him 4 more and vi could still 1 v 1 him later after a few assists and some counterbuilding.

lightandarkness

01-22-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by geegeez View Post
Dude, the high burst damage actually force you to back out because she just did the 3/4 of your health in one burst. Tell me how can you actually trade this damage ? If you wait more than 5 seconds, his Q is back again.... Like i said, all the Vi players will downvote me, they don't want their champ to get nerfed but she get too much power once she hit lvl 3 with all these combos....thats just not the right way to design a champion.
Her q is at 18 second level 1 lol. At level 5 it 8 second and you don't build max cool down on her. In fact you only get black clever as your only cool down reduction. So you might as well quit qq about her q.

TheHawtPotato

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-22-2013

honestly i think vi is the best champ they released in a while. she fits into her bruiser initiator role perfectly. she strong but balanced as shes very predictable.she just spams the same combo over and over. learn this and the basics of the game and ul be fine

Irish Red Cap

01-22-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by geegeez View Post
Dude, the high burst damage actually force you to back out because she just did the 3/4 of your health in one burst. Tell me how can you actually trade this damage ? If you wait more than 5 seconds, his Q is back again.... Like i said, all the Vi players will downvote me, they don't want their champ to get nerfed but she get too much power once she hit lvl 3 with all these combos....thats just not the right way to design a champion.
Deal with it? Called play a champ that has a dash/move ability and kite the **** out of her. She has to get into melee and without her abilities she can't do any damage to you. She's a fighter, she excels in 1v1 it's how her champ plays. Put her up against someone like Shen and watch she charges Q he has 2 options, taunt her and interrupt so she can't even use her E either and puts Q on CD or dash backwards and get out of her range and continue to throw daggers at her until she is forced to back off. She has no built in-sustain or cdr and her cd's are long at low lvls people just think they can up and fight her early.

Spencer Turu

01-22-2013

I think what a lot of people see when a champion, vi for this instance, doing really well and carry the team to a victory, they think that the champion is op and needs a nerf. Where people are wrong about this, it's not that the champion is op, it's that the player behind the mouse and buttons is op. That person knows how to use that champion to the best of their power and knows how to not make mistakes. I've seen a vi do horrid. all she did was take kills that were not hers and just farm and die. And also, one of the biggest champions that people yell about is Darius, and yes Darius can be played well but you can still do terrible as him, if a champion is op you can do terrible but still be able to win with little effort, you need to use effort to win as vi, and tha.t's what i have to say

VaschLagHammer

01-22-2013

Except the fact that she has problems sticking to champions with those 2 gap closers
Her passive is fine. Just another ArP skill
Her shield isn't that much.
Oh and she gets wrecked by 70% of top laners. Problem?

finallylupus

01-22-2013

I used to think Vi was OP just by reading her abilities, but after playing against her, I can say that she's definitely not OP. While she has gap closers, she has no real escapes. The one thing that bugs me is that her ult is unavoidable. Once I actually flashed over a wall as she activated it and she flew through the wall and dunked me. Not sure if that was a bug or if she could actually do that.

In any case, she isn't inherently overpowered. You just have to know how to play against her.

TheHawtPotato

01-22-2013

Quote:
it's that the player behind the mouse and buttons is op
Lol the pure logic