@Lore Team @Kitae: Thresh's Lore is Telling, Not Showing

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Grand Viper

01-22-2013

+1 For Kuz

It also would make sense for him to be a warden since one of his abilities actually grabs your teammates and takes them out of harm's way. If he was all about harvesting souls, he wouldn't have any "support" abilities. Thresh is able to use his chains to grab and pull an ally away and hook and keep those he deems as prisoners towards him or wherever he wants.

He does literal crowd control, he divides the innocent from the guilty. The way he's made out now, he seems like a badass with a soul reaping cause, but that skill of his makes him seem...silly if he's about stealing your soul. Why should he help his teammates in any sense of the word if he wants them to die anyways?

If he was a warden of the League`s prisons, I can imagine him grabbing foolish Summoners who got ab it too close to Cho'gath's cage. Not really good, not really evil, just is.

In terms of "what if" about Thresh, I'm going to run along her thought process. Him being a Noxian would mean he knows a lot about the underbelly of Noxus, and he would know a large chunk of Noxus' history. Would that make him loyal to Noxus? Does he care more about his job than he does about his city-state? Is he so one track minded that nationality means nothing to him anymore, that if you are prisoner of his he will do what it takes to keep you in place, by any means necessary?

As he stands now in his current lore, because he deals purely with souls and that he wants to grab them and make them his own and add to his power, I think Morgana, Nasus, Mordekaiser, Cho'gath, Ahri, Hecarim, Yorick, and Karthus (Mostly current and old) need to give him the, "What are you doing that's new" look?

Having Thresh act as a proper warden with a hint of neutrality instead of a bad guy bad @ss with scythes would be far more interesting.

Xulsigae

01-22-2013

If only the JoJ was here to give us a tale a few weeks ago about how security at the League functions, with an interview with an unnamed entity who scares the heck out of Ram Steed when he got too close to the dungeons.
Or, since Kuz's idea isn't canonical, something about Mordekaiser and Hecarim overheard discussing the arrival of someone, or perhaps they were last seen going back to the Shadow Isles for 'a comrade.' Something to make Thresh more than 'Hey guys! I'm the new champ here! Where do I put my stuff?'

Birdy51

01-22-2013

While I do like Thresh as a character, I agree with the sentiments in the first post. His bio as written just doesn't give that necessary flair.

I think the fundamental basics of his lore is fine, such as his past life, but you are absolutely right that it probably could be improved. We don't need to be told why he is badass, rather we should be given a clear picture of why we should be fearing Thresh. No major changes perhaps, but a change in the presentation.

Galgus

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-22-2013

If he is collecting souls, he obviously isn't holding onto them when the champions respawn.

I'm guessing some magic of the FoJ keeps him from holding onto them long.