I used to think I belong at a higher rank. Now I just don't know..

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

DudeIKill

02-25-2013

I just can't seem to carry. For ****. I just can't.
I always thought, I was being matched with trolls, now I feel like I'm the troll..

Sometimes I start out amazing. And then I just always seem to fall off.
I had a 5-1 game as xin zhao as a jungler. By about 20 minutes. I ended up losing the game.
I had a game gangplank just today. I was 4-1 at top, and proceeded to gank tp-ult gank bot. Became 6-3. I lost that game.

I got fed as vayne bot. I was 4-0 by 13 minutes. ( This was about 12 games ago. ) I lost that game too.

I had a game as nocturne jungle, i ended at 18 and something. I was positive I know that. I built bruiser. I lost that. And i know I was at least 6-0 by 25minutes.

So what can I possibly do, to actually carry?

I feel like I understand, the basics at least.. I duo with my fiance. She's usually the mid or support. I'll fill in whatever else.

I jungle with

Nocturne
Dudyr
Gangplank

I top with

Gangplank
Garen
Shen
Nasus
Teemo
(Occasionally Ryze)
Xin

I mid with

Veigar
Cass
Ryze

I adc with

Vayne
Sivir

I support with

Janna
Taric
Sona

Guys. I want to get better. How do I do it?

Look up my stats if you want.

http://www.lolking.net/summoner/na/22637813#profile

What's wrong with my builds. Is my farming not good enough.
What's my problem..?

SeCKS Egai

02-26-2013

I thought my last game was a loss, but I did what I could to create advantages for the team, whether it be warding (and I'm not just talking about bare coverage) or locking down key threats or negating akali's shroud with a pink.

Vision is extremely important and even as an adc I'll pick up wards to allow me safer farming or to setup a kill.

I don't think you can "carry" much these days the way we used to. It's not as simple as get fed and dominate the fights anymore, at least in the matches that aren't blowouts. Oddly enough, I've carried more games as a support than I have the adc. I don't rack up the kills, but I spend the entire match setting them up and reducing teammate deaths all the while. And yet I hate support and main adc.

Cenerae

02-26-2013

You need to try and take an analytical approach to the game. What did you do wrong in the game? What could you have done differently, how could you have made more impact?

If you're running Lolreplay that can help, since you can look over your last game and watch your mistakes. What worked and what didn't. You'll probably see a pattern start to emerge after a while. Then you know what you need to work on.

M3GaL0d0n

02-26-2013

Even better, you can give us your replays and we can give you pointers... I'm pretty terrible at League, I play for fun and theory crafting. But there are plenty of very talented players who will be more than willing to give you pointers on your mid game... which seems to be where you are failing something or other. Just post them to Youtube and then put a link in the forums or something.

GLHF

zliplus

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-26-2013

Based on your comments it sounds like you're failing at objectives. You focus almost entirely on scores in your description, and you seem to losing in midgame or later when scores matter less. The advantage provided by kills (i.e. score) is usually temporary. Also, you haven't mentioned cs at all - is it possible you're giving up too many cs in order to get kills?

Replays help much more than a basic scoreline to look at, it's true.

Aliasear

02-26-2013

League of Legends is a team game.
The most you can do, is improve yourself so that you make little to no mistakes.

As soon as you can do that, I can guarantee your rating will improve.

When the new Ranking system started early February, I was placed in Silver I.
I dropped to Silver II from a few bad matches, but after focusing on minimizing mistakes and choosing champions that have a strong impact during teamfights, I made it back to Silver I.

Using the same mindset of "How can I improve?" and "What are some mistakes I can avoid?" I was able to climb up to Gold I, which I am now. So in a matter of 2 1/2 weeks, I climbed from Silver I to Gold I. I'm more than excited to hit Plat V by the end of this week if not sooner.

I suggest three things you do every game, and I guarantee you will win a majority of your games.
1) Aim for 0 Deaths.
2) If you die, figure out the mistake you made and improve on it.
3) Don't flame your teammates for "being bad." No one is perfect and EVERYONE makes mistakes.

P.S.
Always remember to have fun.

No worries mate

02-26-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aliasear View Post

P.S.
Always remember to have fun.
This, a thousand times.

GundayMonday

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-26-2013

What Aliasear said. Even if you go 20/0 every game, it doesn't matter if the rest of your team gets stomped. Best way to carry is to make your early game advantage contagious by ganging up on the other lanes. That is, kill your lane opponent, push your wave into his tower, then go roam and kill mid, or bot, or get a dragon, or steal the jungler's creeps. Destroy your lane opponent, then put the rest of the enemy at a disadvantage so they have to send resources to deal with you. This makes your team mates stronger and lets you carry.

HOMO KPOP

02-26-2013

It's not really about "carrying", you gotta roam to help your teammates. Sort of looking at your match history, you have a lot of deaths in quite a few matches. Should work on CS, some games you're at 25 minutes and you haven't passed 100 CS.

Sereg Anfaug

02-26-2013

You probably have the opposite problem I do - my laning phase is weak, but my objective control and thus my lategame is stronger. It's possible that you're a strong laner(meaning laning phase, not necessarily lane roles), and simply don't have the objective awareness to close games.

I strongly recommend watching the LCS and other professional level competitions, as well as checking out some of the featured streamers. Wingsofdeathx provides alot of commentary(and I'm sure others do as well but I'm more familiar with his stream), as do the announcers and analysts for professional level games.