[Gold] Highly motivated player looking for a mentor!

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Cloud Orb

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-22-2013

Hi all,

First of all, I'll introduce myself, I'm Jessie Bourque, a 18 years old canadian that has been playing LoL for nearly 3 years. I'm actually studying 3D animation, going towards being a high res modeler.

Lately I've found myself stagnate and it seems I'm not improving a lot. I have about 1300 normal wins, I'm sitting around 1500 elo, starving for more and will never get satisfied. I've been enjoying top, adc and jungle a lot and I am looking for a dedicated mentor that would watch/play with me and criticize everything I do to help me improve to the point where we could duo queue together without me being a weight. Vocal chat prefered since we're going to work a lot together and hopefully build a great mentor/student relationship, I won't let you down!

Thanks for your time, if you want to help me but don't want/can't mentor a bump or upvote is always appreciated Have a great day, have fun and see you on the Fields of Justice!

Cloud Orb

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-22-2013

Bump

KobeMonster

01-22-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hero o Time View Post
Bump
What does that mean? Everyone always bumps... what is that?

Cloud Orb

01-22-2013

When there's a new reply in a thread it bumps it to the top of the first page.

B1 GateKeeper

Senior Recruiter

01-22-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by KobeMonster View Post
What does that mean? Everyone always bumps... what is that?
bump stands for
B. bring
U. up
M. my
P. post

Free bump for you sir <3 good luck

Cloud Orb

01-23-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by EzrealTooStronk View Post
bump stands for
B. bring
U. up
M. my
P. post

Free bump for you sir <3 good luck
Thanks a lot Also better explanation than mine hehe

ExecutionerKen

01-23-2013

Indepth helps are often paid lol, so you might want to find a good streamer or higher elo players to do it with you.

Cloud Orb

01-23-2013

Thanks for the answer, Ken. I'm trying to find anyone that is willing to spend time helping me improve, but I don't really know where to search, that's why I posted on the forums. I already considered paying for lessons but I'm studying atm and can't really afford those high prices.

ExecutionerKen

01-23-2013

I had done some of those coaching. The thing is, even if it is 5 USD (which is obviously below minimal wages) it will still take a long time for you to actually fully understand the things from your mentor. ( 30 hours+ if you want to go from 1500s to 1800s as there are many things and tiny details that can be helped) and then that will already be 150 USD, not to mention that the prices for most coaches are tend to be at least 10/ hrs or more.

There is some exceptions, of course. If you have the money (which I doubt it from your comment) or you have a good use of your skills then go for it, for me I have never tried to get any mentor, although eventually I might have to as my school just got 4th place from CSL, if we won another match we would have been able to get the 10,000 USD prize (but we lost so it is only 1000). However, I don't think there is much for me to learn anymore, as most parts of the game at my skill level are practice, practice, and practice.

Cloud Orb

01-23-2013

I sure know it takes a lot of time and even 10$/h is a low price, that's why I'm kind of looking for a good Samaritan who's willing to take me as a weight. I see it as a Master teaching the secrets of his art to a student. Sure, I am asking a lot and may not find one before months, if I find one at all, but I guess it's at least worth a shot and I'll give it my all. I'm also working on my side trying to improve with every match I play.

Thanks for the time you spend replying.