Do you also feel Supporting as fun to play anymore?

Yes 61 56.48%
No 47 43.52%
Voters: 108. You may not vote on this poll

Nobody Likes To Play Support Roles Anymore

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Peligrad

01-23-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by iamsuperhero View Post
Sorry sir, I'd have to disagree, because even though the sightstone item seemed like a good idea to try and save money, I feel like its become a burden for supports because its now ANOTHER must have item that you MUST build or else you are not doing your role as a support. So on top of all the GP5 items you need to get out of the way, you now also need to buy sightstone, and by the time you've gotten money to get all that, its already mid game. So, what can the support do then with only GP5 items and sightstone other than ward.
Then ur looking at it wrong...

Sight stone is ridiculously cost effective.

Unlike the old heart of gold, the sight stone has IMMEDIATE PAYOFF. You save yourself 150g in wards that you no longer have to purchase, the second you buy it.

As soon as you purchase it, you get to stop buying wards for he bottom lane (except pink wards). So even though you make an investment up front, you save 150g per return for each return for the rest of the game.

Over the course of a half hour long game, that sight stone pays for itself two, three, four, times over.

And you can thus take that savings and put it into your gear.

The sightstone says. "This item relieves you of the financial burden of ward purchasing for the rest of the game so that you can actually build gear and contribute to the team."

The sightstone is great, because unlike the HoG, you can return to base with exactly 700g. Pick it up and not worry about skimping on vision for the sake of vision coverage. You do your job, and advance your stats permanently in a single purchase.

Sightstone was the best thing that's ever happened to supports and junglers...

Jonheath291

01-23-2013

I like support, but that is only because I don't build support. Ap Soraka/Lulu is a lot more fun than full support.
Don't get me wrong, I buy wards and all, but that is the extent of the support items I get. It's more beneficial to just build AP (stronger shields/healing/damage)

Revelation22

01-23-2013

I <3 support.

sepetaiya

01-23-2013

this is only a western state of mind because westerners have egos and are raised in individualistic societies. if they arent killing everyone and are not 'carrying' (which doesnt exist because it takes a team to win games) then they arent having fun.

i play on a chinese team and im never even able to support because they always rush to do it. and they carry.

Ragequitternob

01-23-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by sepetaiya View Post
this is only a western state of mind because westerners have egos and are raised in individualistic societies. if they arent killing everyone and are not 'carrying' (which doesnt exist because it takes a team to win games) then they arent having fun.

i play on a chinese team and im never even able to support because they always rush to do it. and they carry.
Completely agreed i think they knew more on the role of teamwork and not having a support can cause a lot of deadly problems. Only problem with support are they are mostly quite squishy like sona D:

FlongerDonger

01-23-2013

When I enter a ranked game theirs always one or two people who call dibs on Supporting, and I've even found that Playing support is more fun with the new items so what are you talking about?

Peligrad

01-23-2013

Quote:

I think the dislike of supporting is mostly a solo que thing.

When I solo que, I hate supporting because chances are my teammates are idiots...another product of western society, the breeding of idiots...

But when I play with people I know, i don't mind supporting. Actually, my highest win rate champs in ranked are Alistar and Taric...supports... but that's because I duel que with a guy that ADCs and we make a good team.

YoloHaxor

01-23-2013

I loved supporting but now u get no credit for what u do :I Its like your the only person who buys wards
but its sad how the only reason I loved supporting it was because I was always last pick

Peligrad

01-23-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by YoloHaxor View Post
I loved supporting but now u get no credit for what u do :I Its like your the only person who buys wards
but its sad how the only reason I loved supporting it was because I was always last pick
Same, I duel qued with a higher ELO guy...got really good at supporting because that's all I got to do...

And we have an ongoing theme about supports being second rate members of the team.

http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/...support&page=2

Here are some of the jokes we pass around.

Vashos

01-23-2013

Quote:

Oh don't turn this into some cultural-clash BS. I'm an American and I play support. Having a strong individual identity is not synonyous with having a huge ego. (although, you may think so, since, to use your logic, you are raised in an inhibited, inter-dependent society)