Losing your first blue

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Akimasu

01-22-2013

Our jungler has the biggest problem with this.

He plays Skarner, Olaf, and Lee Sin, but it seems that if he misses his first blue(or red for Lee) - by it being stolen either by a poor smite(he tries for perfect smite - stuff can happen...) or by a strong invade and solid defense of their blue when we attempt to counter invade - or simply by dying in the invade... he seems to be so far behind that he can't catch up for the rest of the game.

If you get invaded, and cannot counter-invade, What do you do as a jungler?

Fênrir

01-22-2013

just farm up ur jungle as best u can, its all u rly can do, if a gank is open by all means go for it, losing ur first buff isnt the worst thing in the world

Anzell

01-22-2013

It's all situational.
First and foremost your team should know you are behind and not expect you to gank as effectively or as much as usual.

If you are playing a mana-less champion, you don't have it as bad, so you're a level behind and down some pocket change. You can catch up soon enough.

If you are a mana hungry champion then you might have to change your build around, get an item like philo or doran ring to keep it up (or even just buy pots)

The biggest issue when a buff is invaded and stolen at the start, the enemy team now has the timer. Will they come take it again? If you think they will you need to communicate with your team. Have them ready if a new invade is coming around that spawn mark. Ward of course. Top lane can ward near the blue entrance (in front of baron) or the top tri-brush depending on the side you are on. Mid or the jungler can ward the brush that curls around into the jungle toward wolves or over by wraiths. Bottom can make sure to ward far out in front of dragon or the bottom tri-brush.
Of course position accordingly to close in on that greedy s.o.b. that tries to steal your buff a second time.

Hope some of my rant helps or gives an idea that can benefit you.

Kawaii Katarina

01-22-2013

If it happens once, strongly consider wards. Help your jungler ward when he can't as well. If they can freely get into your jungle and steal consist buffs, grouped, or not, it is not a good scene for your jungler.

SeCKS Egai

01-22-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fênrir View Post
just farm up ur jungle as best u can, its all u rly can do, if a gank is open by all means go for it, losing ur first buff isnt the worst thing in the world
That's pretty much what I end up doing - my last Udyr game a khazix got ballsy and stole my red while I was at golems - I was annoyed but kept on until an opportunity presented itself and I ended up getting the buff back killing the jungler and I think the top laner in the process.

The worst counter jungle (i wasn't the jungler at the time) the enemy team basically had taken everything on red side putting the jungler very behind. He did end up jumping into a lane for a bit since he had nothing to wail on for a while - can't remember how we did that game.

Akimasu

01-22-2013

What about the idea of simply sending 2 top, or 3 bottom (especially if you have a strong early game ganker) and constantly ganking the lanes? It'll put the lane behind in XP, but it could turn an early tower and early roaming lane.

PogoPogoPogoPogo

01-22-2013

Don't smite blue. Get your team to give a smiteless blue.

Then you're protecting yourself from an invade, not messing up a smite and losing your buff, and your route and ganks come through that much faster. Smiteless first buff is like 18 million birds with one stone.

bob123bob

01-22-2013

Give your jungler a strong protective start. That will be necessary in an invade, but not sufficient. Your team also needs to be proficient in a level 1 fight.

ChiSqrd

01-22-2013

If the enemy goes for an invade, the first thing you have to do is go for a counter invade and everything will be fine.