bad news about the ap yi nerfs

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Kaolla

Senior Member

01-22-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duffman316 View Post
it's k, no need to be upset

i'd use a smurf too if my main was banned or at 300 elo
and i'd lolking people and try and tear them down based on their match stats if i couldn't beat them with legitimate arguments on topic

oh wait no i wouldn't because i'm not 12


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Duffman316

Member

01-22-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by sergeantpickle View Post
You know the main reason for the meditate nerf wasn't because he could heal your harass in lane. That's easily counter-played. The issue was that when your team gets aced or loses a couple members, AP Yi's team doesn't need minions at any point in the game to take down a tower. Yi can just walk up to it and meditate while taking 0 damage from the tower.
i figure the nerf was meant to prevent him from tanking 2 turrets and multi champ focus fire at the same time

still not as effective as they're hoping for it to be since he gets massive armor/mres but w/e


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Nyxeira

Senior Member

01-22-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainAMorgan View Post
No one played Cho, Talon or Fiddles against him

Then there is this list.
These champs do well, the bolded & underlined are hard counters in lane that WILL shut him down when played properly:

Kass
Fiddles
Sion
Ahri
Alistar
Anivia
Annie
Blitz
Cho
Darius
Diana
Draven
Fizz
Galio
Jayce
Ken
Leblanc
Lulu
Malz
Noc
Panth
POPPY
Riven
Singed
Talon
TF
Veigar
Vik
Xin
Xerath
Raka
Vi
Elise
Yes, definitely! I lane with a Yi all the time, and though my champions don't stack against him, we have had plenty of matches where I would have to take the lead. Yi is not a problem. Don't complain about him if you're not building defensively against him. It's not all about offensive, yet many players don't realize that.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

VanceStubbs

Senior Member

01-22-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by sergeantpickle View Post
You know the main reason for the meditate nerf wasn't because he could heal your harass in lane. That's easily counter-played. The issue was that when your team gets aced or loses a couple members, AP Yi's team doesn't need minions at any point in the game to take down a tower. Yi can just walk up to it and meditate while taking 0 damage from the tower.

Yi, as long as you are not a derp, is impossible to die to in lane.
Also you just meditate mid teamfight and you are the best tank.
Running away with low health? Nevermind, Meditate, can't touch this!
Trying to counter it with CC or Ignite? Nope doesn't work.

If anything this nerf won't touch it's lane sustain.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

30 Helens

Senior Member

01-22-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zertryx View Post
DRAFT, RANKED ... GG sir

YOU GET TO SEE YOUR OPPONETS PICKS

i knew you would use that as an excuse key words ... "COUNTER PICK"

You dumb f#cks. Just because idiot @ss Duffman first picks Yi in ranked doesn't mean that's how it would play out normally. In fact most people will wait to pick it until their opponent's mid is shown.

"Oh look, he has a 25% chance to see what I might mid with first in draft ranked! Your argument is invalid! Derrrrrrr."


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Duffman316

Member

01-22-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaolla View Post
and i'd lolking people and try and tear them down based on their match stats if i couldn't beat them with legitimate arguments on topic

oh wait no i wouldn't because i'm not 12
you made idiotic arguments
checked your history and verified that you can't even beat ai
not surprised you see him as obscenely overpowered

nothing more to say on this, lol


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Tolfor

Senior Member

01-22-2013

Hey OP, please explain to me how having CC stops AP Yi in a 1v1 situation. Because unless you're one of the very few, mostly non-mid champs that has more than one hard CC ability or you're ganging up on him (which invalidates a 1v1 laning situation), you have to choose whether you're going to block his nuke or his full heal. You can't do both by yourself with one stun.

And since "blocking" his nuke will result in him just doing it when the stun wears off instead, your only real choice is to block Meditate, which will at least set off the cooldown and prevent him from using it again right away. Since Meditate heals for silly amounts of HP and raises his defenses considerably, he's still likely to heal at least as much as a health pot before it gets stopped unless your timing is impeccable, and either way, you're still getting hit in the face by that nuke first.

So now you've pretty much got to choose between either not farming to stay safe from his nuke or wading into the minions and praying Alpha Strike doesn't hit you. Even if it doesn't, it's going to blow up all your minions which means you'll now be tanking his, which during early- to mid-game laning can hurt quite a bit.

You can't just wait for him to blow the cooldown on it while farming (and lol, his farm is going to be insane no matter what you do) because it's got such a short one that you won't really be able to do much in between anyway.

If you have a teammate come into help you by ganking him or whatever - good luck, because he's just going to ult out of danger as soon as they show up and get back in your face as soon as they leave. Even if you've somehow got the jump on him in a way he couldn't react to, he can just bust your slows and leave. If it's hard CC? Maybe he's got cleanse, or Mercurial Scimitar, or tenacity, or he's just going to Meditate and heal whatever damage you dealt to him while he was stunned anyway.

Late game in teamfights, he's got his team to protect him while he tanks your whole team with Meditate, allowing him to full-heal and re-enter the fight almost immediately, and he's probably got a Zhonya's Hourglass for further trolling.

So basically, unless your whole team is centered around killing the AP Yi and his team is dumb enough to let you, he's going to be horrible to deal with, and whether or not that happens, he's still going to suck all of the fun out of the laning phase and be more or less unstoppable.

Tell me more about this mystical "counterplay" of yours. And don't give me this "just counterpick him" baloney because not everyone plays ranked or draft mode, and even if they do, as other posters have pointed out, AP Yi can easily be selected after the enemy mid has locked in.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Zertryx

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Senior Member

01-22-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by 30 Helens View Post
You dumb f#cks. Just because idiot @ss Duffman first picks Yi in ranked doesn't mean that's how it would play out normally. In fact most people will wait to pick it until their opponent's mid is shown.

"Oh look, he has a 25% chance to see what I might mid with first in draft ranked! Your argument is invalid! Derrrrrrr."
idk every draft game i join every calls their lanes immediately and first pick usually 80% of the time locks in a mid.

I think you are just mad because you know im right that ap yi isnt easy as you think


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Duffman316

Member

01-22-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tolfor View Post
Hey OP, please explain to me how having CC stops AP Yi in a 1v1 situation. Because unless you're one of the very few, mostly non-mid champs that has more than one hard CC ability or you're ganging up on him (which invalidates a 1v1 laning situation), you have to choose whether you're going to block his nuke or his full heal. You can't do both by yourself with one stun.

And since "blocking" his nuke will result in him just doing it when the stun wears off instead, your only real choice is to block Meditate, which will at least set off the cooldown and prevent him from using it again right away. Since Meditate heals for silly amounts of HP and raises his defenses considerably, he's still likely to heal at least as much as a health pot before it gets stopped unless your timing is impeccable, and either way, you're still getting hit in the fact by that nuke first.

So now you've pretty much got to choose between either not farming to stay safe from his nuke or wading into the minions and praying Alpha Strike doesn't hit you. Even if it doesn't, it's going to blow up all your minions which means you'll now be tanking his, which during early- to mid-game laning can hurt quite a bit.

You can't just wait for him to blow the cooldown on it while farming (and lol, his farm is going to be insane no matter what you do) because it's got such a short one that you won't really be able to do much in between anyway.

If you have a teammate come into help you by ganking him or whatever - good luck, because he's just going to ult out of danger as soon as they show up and get back in your face as soon as they leave. Even if you've somehow got the jump on him in a way he couldn't react to, he can just bust your slows and leave. If it's hard CC? Maybe he's got cleanse, or Mercurial Scimitar, or tenacity, or he's just going to Meditate and heal whatever damage you dealt to him while he was stunned anyway.

Late game in teamfights, he's got his team to protect him while he tanks your whole team with Meditate, allowing him to full-heal and re-enter the fight almost immediately, and he's probably got a Zhonya's Hourglass for further trolling.

So basically, unless your whole team is centered around killing the AP Yi and his team is dumb enough to let you, he's going to be horrible to deal with, and whether or not that happens, he's still going to suck all of the fun out of the laning phase and be more or less unstoppable.

Tell me more about this mystical "counterplay" of yours. And don't give me this "just counterpick him" baloney because not everyone plays ranked or draft mode, and even if they do, as other posters have pointed out, AP Yi can easily be selected after the enemy mid has locked in.
read the post by captain morgan on page one

as for your question about ap yi in ranked, i've always fpicked him from 1500's into 1700's and the other guys have an opportunity to counterpick and they simply don't - people are stubborn like that

think i've only been counterpicked twice while everyone else just picks w/e they wants to and complains about ap yi during laning phase


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

30 Helens

Senior Member

01-22-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zertryx View Post
idk every draft game i join every calls their lanes immediately and first pick usually 80% of the time locks in a mid.

I think you are just made because you know im right that ap yi isnt easy as you think

AP Yi is easy as f#ck, genius boy. I know because I played it in S2 before I got completely tired of it's one dimensional, unskilled play. It's boring as sh!t both to play and to play against.

And by the way, people calling and first locking mids "80% of the time" in ranked like idiots is not a rational justification.