bad news about the ap yi nerfs

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Kaolla

01-22-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duffman316 View Post
"free unpreventable harassment"
again, this doesn't say guaranteed in any way

free - no risk to master yi at all
unpreventable - unless you're willing to not get any cs at all in lane
harassment - not a full engage by the character, just using a skill or auto to chip someone's health

so yeah, nothing i said can be construed as whatever you are angry about. furthermore i don't go around checking people's match histories, what are you 12?

oh dear god he's narc'ing me on my forum smurf on which i spam co-op ai games while watching netflix and haven't even played on in 10 months. MY CREDIBILITY IS BESMIRCHED

you really are a joyless lout, you know that?

fishnchipsmate

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-22-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duffman316 View Post
fun fact about fiddle - the drain tether will not break while he alpha strikes
that's how tethers work. morg ult, fiddle drain, swain bird...they don't break with alpha strike, troll pool, etc.

Duffman316

01-22-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by 30 Helens View Post
Not entirely guaranteed but pretty f@#king close. As if the meager concession that 1 out of of every 4 Alpha Strikes doesn't hit your lane opponent really makes up for:

1) Ridiculous base damage and AP ratios
2) Free projectile dropping
3) Ridiculous range which, when cast on a nearby minion, places Yi well out of range of returnable harassment when it finishes bouncing

Ap Yi laning is so g0d damned easy. here's what it looks like:

Run around in back then Q

Accidentally take some damage? Run back to turret or bushes or stand between minions (if your opponent's CC doesn't avoid unit collision) and mediate back to full with 400% regen.

Jungle or side lanes come to gank? Hit R and run. Go back to lane, proceed to run around in back then and Q again.

No skill shots, completely RNG reliant with 4 bounces that greatly increase the chance it will land more often than not. Unless ofcourse, your opponent stands well behind minions and get zoned out of xp and gold.

AP Yi is complete easy mode.
at the bolded, that's precisely what it does not do....

at the second bolded, surely that isn't the only answer you could come up with =_=?

Zertryx

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-22-2013

Quote:
Not entirely guaranteed but pretty f@#king close. As if the meager concession that 1 out of of every 4 Alpha Strikes doesn't hit your lane opponent really makes up for:

1) Ridiculous base damage and AP ratios
2) Free projectile dropping
3) Ridiculous range which, when cast on a nearby minion, places Yi well out of returnable harassment range when it finishes

Ap Yi laning is so g0d damned easy. Here's what it looks like:

Accidentally take some damage? Run back to turret or bushes or stand between minions (if your opponent's CC doesn't avoid unit collision) and mediate back to full with 400% regen.

Jungle or side lanes come to gank? Hit R and run. Go back to lane, proceed to...

Run around in back then Q.

No skill shots, completely RNG reliant with 4 bounces that greatly increase the chance it will land more often than not. Unless ofcourse, your opponent stands well behind minions and lets himself get zoned out of xp and gold.

AP Yi is complete easy mode.
I sir challenge you to fight me as ap yi and i will select a mid champ and beat him easyier than your easy mode ....

Duffman316

01-22-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaolla View Post
again, this doesn't say guaranteed in any way

free - no risk to master yi at all
unpreventable - unless you're willing to not get any cs at all in lane
harassment - not a full engage by the character, just using a skill or auto to chip someone's health

so yeah, nothing i said can be construed as whatever you are angry about. furthermore i don't go around checking people's match histories, what are you 12?

oh dear god he's narc'ing me on my forum smurf on which i spam co-op ai games while watching netflix and haven't even played on in 10 months. MY CREDIBILITY IS BESMIRCHED

you really are a joyless lout, you know that?
it's k, no need to be upset

i'd use a smurf too if my main was banned or at 300 elo

30 Helens

01-22-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zertryx View Post
I sir challenge you to fight me as ap yi and i will select a mid champ and beat him easyier than your easy mode ....
Yeah, let's make arrangements in which you know I'll play AP Yi ahead of time and you get to counterpick. Because that's how it works.

Genius.

sergeantpickle

01-22-2013

You know the main reason for the meditate nerf wasn't because he could heal your harass in lane. That's easily counter-played. The issue was that when your team gets aced or loses a couple members, AP Yi's team doesn't need minions at any point in the game to take down a tower. Yi can just walk up to it and meditate while taking 0 damage from the tower.

Yi, as long as you are not a derp, is impossible to die to in lane. A smart player will pick a champion that can push from range and make Yi try to last hit under the tower, which is near impossible btw. Yeah he has Q but it's luck on if it gets all the minions or not. Yi was countering all the melee assassins because they couldn't last hit. That's why he was seeing so much play recently. The same with Annie. Since when have you seen Annie played so much? Are they going to nerf her too?

I don't play AP Yi by the way, I just farm kills off him.

I love playing jungle. You know why? I can always fill what my team needs. CC? Chase? Carry? All can be done from the jungle.

Duffman316

01-22-2013

Quote:
Yeah, let's make arrangements in which you know I'll play AP Yi ahead of time and you get to counterpick. Because that's how it works.

Genius.
comon man

yi's easy mode right?

Zertryx

01-22-2013

Quote:

Genius.

DRAFT, RANKED ... GG sir

YOU GET TO SEE YOUR OPPONETS PICKS

i knew you would use that as an excuse key words ... "COUNTER PICK"

Edit: oh and i play AP yi allot, but i use him ONLY as a "COUNTER PICK" to champions who have LOW CC he isnt broken

MMHSTerror

01-22-2013

Wow all these people complaining about AP Yi must be getting pwned by kat, some RNG bounce, longer knife throw range and manaless