bad news about the ap yi nerfs

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Atheau

01-22-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duffman316 View Post
i treat you with the seriousness you deserve when you think alpha strike does guaranteed damage to the enemy champion in lane

how do you have such confidence in your ignorance?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaolla View Post
no one said guaranteed. you're an idiot
Which is funny, because it's actually rather easy to garuantee the damage.

Huh...There's six minions...Alpha Strike hits four targets...I'll, uhm...Wait for three minions to die?

I'm a genius!

Zertryx

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-22-2013

AP yi has one move .....

how is 400 dmg ever 6 seconds any better than ANY BURST MAGE OR ASSASSIN who can combo you for FULL health in less time than 6 seconds?

I'll take an AP yi with 1 move to vs against any day

WOPRcs

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-22-2013

Quote:
karthus hit me from across the map, must be broken
I didn't know Karthus ult had a 10 second cooldown too. :P

Nicodemous

01-22-2013

Quote:
for those that saw him as an op nuisance and are now celebrating the incoming yi nerfs i've got some bad news

you've never bothered to carry cc, build magic resist, hp or defense items in general
you've never bothered to look up his mechanics to avoid giving him guaranteed alpha strikes in lane
you've never bothered to counterpick and would rather scream for nerfs than do a little thinking to figure out which champs counter him in lane and game (there are quite a few)

your skills are still inferior and you will still get dunked
Well seeing as they only nerfed his heal and AP Yi will still have ridiculous early game damage I think you are partly correct... and this all assumes the nerf go forward as they were seen on PBE, there hasn't been any official red comment that I have seen...

VanceStubbs

01-22-2013

Ok he's meditating, we can counter him with ignite... no, he's healing a really stupid amount.
How about knockup or pushing him away. Nope, nothing.

BALANCED

Also gg, complaining about exact numbers when if anything will surely change completely it will be the numbers.

Duffman316

01-22-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atheau View Post

Huh...There's six minions...Alpha Strike hits four targets...I'll, uhm...Wait for three minions to die?

I'm a genius!
so many people do this then complain about getting poked out of lane by yi :/

Zertryx

01-22-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atheau View Post

I'm a genius!
The only thing thats GAREN - T'd is Demacian Justice

benofrio

01-22-2013

Quote:
karthus hit me from across the map, must be broken
Karthus global is his ult you fool. AP Yi Q can destroy you from 1500 units on 8 sec cd and gets reset if his ult is active.

Duffman316

01-22-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nicodemous View Post
Well seeing as they only nerfed his heal and AP Yi will still have ridiculous early game damage I think you are partly correct... and this all assumes the nerf go forward as they were seen on PBE, there hasn't been any official red comment that I have seen...
red commented that the duration would be reduced to 3 seconds

the 1.2 ratio is something that yi's can get by on, it'd just be less obnoxious if they go through with the nerf

30 Helens

01-22-2013

Quote:
"free unpreventable harassment"

Not entirely guaranteed but pretty f@#king close. As if the meager concession that 1 out of of every 4 Alpha Strikes doesn't hit your lane opponent really makes up for:

1) Ridiculous base damage and AP ratios
2) Free projectile dropping
3) Ridiculous range which, when cast on a nearby minion, places Yi well out of returnable harassment range when it finishes

Ap Yi laning is so g0d damned easy. Here's what it looks like:

Run around in back then Q

Accidentally take some damage? Run back to turret or bushes or stand between minions (if your opponent's CC doesn't avoid unit collision) and mediate back to full with 400% regen.

Jungle or side lanes come to gank? Hit R and run. Go back to lane, proceed to...

Run around in back then Q.

No skill shots, completely RNG reliant with 4 bounces that greatly increase the chance it will land more often than not. Unless of course, your opponent stands well behind minions and lets himself get zoned out of xp and gold.

AP Yi is complete easy mode.