bad news about the ap yi nerfs

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Duffman316

01-22-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Panserbjørner View Post
No i'm fine with it. AP Yi is annoying yes, however its pretty easy to counter him. I was just laughing at that comparison.

Just watch your positioning with your creeps and avoid the AS. Most Yi's telegraph when they are about to AS. If he doesn't kill you with AS, 9/10 he pops his ult and run away or just runs away in general.

AP Yi is a clean-up build. If you let him charge in with his ult and do multiple AS's, you deserve to lose. Force Yi to meditate then switch targets. All you need is teamplay and AP Yi goes down the drain. If AP Yi doesn't get massive CS or rack up the kills he scales horribly into late game.

I'm cool with the AS damage, I think it takes skill to know WHEN to AS. Do it too early and you are screwed.

How do you counter Yi?

Coordination. That's it.
any time i see an ap yi on the enemy team i usually pick fiddle for jungle or mid to screw him over singlehandedly

RavageRose

01-22-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duffman316 View Post
i played yi as ad exclusively until 1565 then swapped to ap

ad yi must be op too right?

i'm sure i got to 1700 by luck and you're stuck in 1100 after 300 games despite being skilled
yes that explains the 5 to 1 ratio on your mag damage - physical... come now we're not stupid

Duffman316

01-22-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by RavageRose View Post
yes that explains the 5 to 1 ratio on your mag damage - physical... come now we're not stupid
ad yi when played right, regardless of whether he's jungle or laning should have more magic damage dealt than physical damage dealt end game

i know it must be shocking for you to think there are people out there who can play ad yi and get to an elo above yours but i assure you they do exist

i did this last season playing nothing but ad yi

March of Dimes

01-22-2013

Quote:
your skills are still inferior and you will still get dunked
Aaaaand Yi's still getting nerfed. That's all that matters .

Duffman316

01-22-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by March of Dimes View Post
Aaaaand Yi's still getting nerfed. That's all that matters .
like that's going to stop me

Bossman POJO

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-22-2013

i read all the post, and the OP started off with a converstation starter, then went onto being defensive, and berated some people, how are you gonna get people to read the post?.

it was fun to read but then it became an insult contest.

Kaolla

01-22-2013

Quote:
it's good advice

you're just bad at this game so you see it as garbage
uh huh

"don't stand near minions" "but hit him when he exits" - you're not near the minions, you aren't hitting SHІT when he exits

"don't stand near minions" "wait till he runs out of mana" - you're not near minions, he doesn't have to alpha he just has to auto last hit minions

your obvious bias is showing if you think the advice he gave was more than garbage

Duffman316

01-22-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by FoamyTheSquirrel View Post
i read all the post, and the OP started off with a converstation starter, then went onto being defensive, and berated some people, how are you gonna get people to read the post?.

it was fun to read but then it became an insult contest.
captainmorgan's post on page one is the answer to any complaints about ap yi but people repeat the same stuff over and over again anyway

it's like they have no interest in getting better at the game, their answer to getting humiliated by a particular champion is to complain about how overpowered he is - reminds me of the old days when tryndamere was considered overpowered

i just don't have patience for these kind of people, this one in particular who's very opinionated despite being unable to defeat ai opponents
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaolla View Post
uh huh

"don't stand near minions" "but hit him when he exits" - you're not near the minions, you aren't hitting SHІT when he exits

"don't stand near minions" "wait till he runs out of mana" - you're not near minions, he doesn't have to alpha he just has to auto last hit minions

your obvious bias is showing if you think the advice he gave was more than garbage

Kaolla

01-22-2013

apparently "opinionated" means "beats me in every possible logical argument"

poor kid

800eloPubtrash

01-22-2013

Looks like some lane only balancing, pretty fail.