Why is AP Mid Soraka still so broken?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Katarina PENTA

08-19-2012

Her E is manaless. her Q is almost manaless, and spammable. Her E is long range silence. Her W is health sustian, and gives lots of armor, really godly for tanking auto attacks in trades minions, turrets diving.

She just wins lane hard, and can push so fast, and her Q reduces magic resist.

Her passive is a free 16 Magic resist.

Taking all this into account, she is like a Katarina with no mana pool, a typical xerath with long range moves, and a kassadin with silence, and a sona with heal, and any pushing champ. she has everything.

imo, she needs to be nerfed. Her E needs to cost mana to silence someone. It's a freaking 3 second silence 2 seconds at 1st level. How is that not broken, and it's freaking long range, and not even a skill shot.

Her W, gives so much heal, and it can be used in a supporting capacity. Her Q, as well. is broken. it forces the opponent to back off, and not dps her.

her auto attacks are ranged as well.

Even going with a full MR page, you will not beat her. that's how bad it is.

If i'm kat and i'm going full armor page, i can beat a talon. if i go full mr page, i can beat a kassadin.

but this ap soraka takes zero skill, and you rewarded with OP.

Discuss plz.

Katarina PENTA

08-19-2012

her Q pushes lane, and she can get ganked, but if her jungler's smart she can counter gank. also,
she can get away with ghost or flash, or just heal or silence.

also, if they're ap mid is losing hard cs and being hard harrassed, they can't help their jungler kill that soraka.

this champ is OP admit it.

You can play her in the jungle too, but she's supposed to belong in support.

she does fall off late game, but since you dominate your lane so hard, it doesn't even matter. u give so much utility in team fights. your two heals, your mana, silence, ur Q magic reduce, your passive magic resist.

It's too ridiculous. Riot seriously needs to do something about this.

I could care less about the matchmaking system in Ranked and normal queue, with trolls. That's also a serious issue, but I think this issue can be solved right away.

Orbv

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-19-2012

It's actually not "long range", Xerath, Lux, Ziggs and a few others don't ever have to worry about her range because their skills have a range of 1000 and her E has a range of something in the 700s. Her heal is on long cooldown, a vladamir will out sustain her any day because he has no reason to go back to base until he wants to buy something. Soraka will run out of mana. She's really good in lane, but you are trading an AP Carry powerhouse, for an AP mid who can't carry. Her only CC is a silence. I even think Karma is a better mid. (I love karma, but even I have to admit there are much better choices...but in comparing the two Karma's Aoe heal is great with AP and she has a shield and a slow with potentially 3 damaging abilities). But Xerath shouldn't have an issue with her, he can farm all day without her touching him. If she gets that close, your jungler should be there killing the mage without an escape.

Edit: Mages that will shut her down and your team will thank you for choosing instead:
Lux (her range will destroy soraka. If you are healing enough to handle her burst, then you are out of mana)
Vlad (greater sustain, hp grows by a lot, and all his abilities deal damage)
Kennen (he can stun, does not rely on mana, and has a longer range poke)
Cho'gath (very similar AOE "long range" silence)
Anivia (her stun, ult, AND wall can be used far enough to not get harassed by soraka)

Jamaree

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-19-2012

Oh look, I put a bruiser mid, so, how is that silence working out for you?

/closethread

Betazoid

08-20-2012

Lol soraka mid

WildLeon

08-20-2012

Judging by your name im gonna go out on a LOOOONNNGGG limb and say u play katarina. Especially when you reference her quite often. Katarina has no ranged auto so she loses to soraka there. Her skills need to be within soraka's silence and if you manage to shunpo to her, she can silence and Q you 2 times before you can get away while healing all your damage. OF COURSE SHE SEEMS OP TO YOU. YOU COUNTERPICKED YOURSELF.

CerealBoxOfDoom

08-20-2012

She's good because she has a typical not so incredible support champ lategame damage output and because people don't seem to realize that mages have autoattacks. You can do something similar with sona.

Also she isnt too good at escaping. She can silence but a silence will usually only help you against burst mages over the amount of time a gank occurs and she cant do much against campers. Less than the average mage

Captainascetic

08-20-2012

Soraka ganks. Discuss.

Technician Tim

08-20-2012

OP cant beat a support champ as an assassin....ok,

CerealBoxOfDoom

08-20-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captainascetic View Post
Soraka ganks. Discuss.
pro timing or gtfo