Spanish Players need their own Server

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Boagster

01-22-2013

The thing that baffles me the most about these threads is that they don't even stop to think about the European servers first. They aren't clambering for language splits, and both servers have long lists of languages. As an example:

Official languagues found in countries of the EU West server group:

• French
  • German
  • Italian
  • Romansh
  • Dutch
  • Luxembourgish
  • Portuguese
  • Spanish
  • English
  • Llanito
  • Catalan
  • Maltese
  • Irish
  • Arabic
  • The Berber Languages
  • Moore
  • Mandinka
  • Bambara
  • Sango
  • Malagasy
  • Mauritian Creole
  • Seychellois Creole
  • Afrikaans
  • Southern Ndebele
  • Northern Sotho
  • Southern Sotho
  • Swazi
  • Tsonga
  • Tswana
  • Venda
  • Xhosa
  • Zulu
  • Chichewa

And people want to complain about communication problems on the NA server group...

Bigjcr

Recruiter

01-22-2013

its true, and the reason this guy made this thread is not because of communication, its because spanish speakers suck at playing, it is ugly to say because i am myself Colombian, but i know what it is, and because of the culture, time spent to improve is minimum, networks here suck, and those are things that affect during the game, also knowing the fact that most of the matches i've played with spanish speakers, are awful, because (generaly) the only words WE learn from english are insults.
i noticed that most of the verbal abusing in the game is made from these guys, and not from north american people, why can i tell this? Because their names are spanish.

I usually try to avoid giving a bad communication for latin or spanish people; i try to never speak in spanish and my name says nothing... so whatever, its true. Sorry to say this when being latin but its true.

NefariousNomad

01-22-2013

I agree 100% I'm not racist. But playing a game where communication is important, it makes sense rhat we speak the same language.

Beilsibob

01-22-2013

I agree. I will leave my gaming anecdotes out of here because just agreeing has probably made me an outcast, don't need to compound it.

In the mean time I guess reporting for failure to communicate is the only way?

HIER0

01-22-2013

Honestly I don't see a problem with having a spanish-speaking server, im sure theres plenty of spanish-speaking solo-queuers who would also like to be able to communicate with their teammates on a regular basis rather than only when they luck out and happen to run into someone who speaks the same language.

If anyone has a real reason why this wouldn't work or people shouldn't at least be given the option I would like to hear it

PogoPogoPogoPogo

01-22-2013

I wish people that created this threads would go about the process entirely differently.

"English speaking players need their own server.

English speaking players are stubborn and refuse to even attempt to play with people who speak a different language. At first sight of a foreign word, English speakers, being the bigots that we are, assume the other player is a troll and terrible at the game. Therefore, I propose Riot open a new server for all the English players, and IP ban them off of the NA server."

moonjuiceplease

01-22-2013

I hear you man. There is a language barrier. There are ways to get around it but i feel a different server would best help the problem. It is not being racist, it is the matter of fact that communication and cooperation is a big part of League of Legends and you just can't have that when there is a language barrier.

Hope that helps.

HIER0

01-22-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by PogoPogoPogoPogo View Post
I wish people that created this threads would go about the process entirely differently.

"English speaking players need their own server.

English speaking players are stubborn and refuse to even attempt to play with people who speak a different language. At first sight of a foreign word, English speakers, being the bigots that we are, assume the other player is a troll and terrible at the game. Therefore, I propose Riot open a new server for all the English players, and IP ban them off of the NA server."
So you've proven that you're good at spewing reactionary rhetoric, but I still haven't heard you give any reason why it would be a bad/unhealthy thing for the community to at least give people the choice.

Its not the same situation as in Europe where there are dozens of languages, two servers would be more than sufficient and would give Spanish-speaking players the option to play with people who speak the same language as them on a regular basis. If they didn't want to do that, they could still play on the NA-English server

I could see increased queue times as a legitimate concern, but without any numbers its impossible to tell how big that difference would be.

Adult conversation is hard

Redweb

01-22-2013

I agree and I hope this thread is not locked because this is a major issue. Many times I've entered a game where 1/2 the team is communicating in Spanish and being that I don't speak Spanish I cannot communicate in a game that REQUIRES communication.

Its a NORTH AMERICAN server. English is North America's native language..therefore English should be required and anything else should be considered a "failure to communicate" which is reportable.

Redweb

01-22-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChillxIGotThis View Post
It'd be cool if players would realize the NA server is not just for the U.S.A.

LOL you DO realize that USA=North America right? You DO realize that some mmorpgs actually LOCK their IP's to country specific right? Because of problems like this.

Ill say it again..plain and simple
Its a NORTH AMERICAN server. English is North America's native language..therefore English should be required and anything else should be considered a "failure to communicate" which is reportable.