Spanish Players need their own Server

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

C9 SingSing

01-22-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImFromAtlantis View Post
There's a BR server, but it costs money to transfer to, which I don't really understand. BR kid may be good, but they're bad on our servers because they lag so much (their pings are always ridiculously high) and they rage more often because no one understand them (not many people speak Portuguese I guess.)

Now I'm not trying to be a racist a-hole or anything, I speak Spanish, but there is often an absolutely lack of communication. I feel like a BR server transfer should be free or less than $20 worth of RP. One or the other.
There is a lack of communication in most Solo Q environments. Queuing up with your friends changes this. Teams/Normals usually pit you against other teams of people with some form of communication too.

PogoPogoPogoPogo

01-22-2013

1) Transfers to BR server were free for quite a while when the server first started up.

2) Why should someone from Mexico play on the Brazilian server where they speak Portuguese rather than the North American server?

Yonakamousou

01-22-2013

I had a Spanish-speaking player the other day and we worked together in bot lane very well without needing text communication. I mean, honestly how often do you have time to write detailed instructions to your teammates? From what I have seen in my admittedly short LoL career, a lot of communication is through either pings, short commands using words you need to know to actually play the game, and just general game sense.

I think people just use this supposed lack of communication as an excuse for losing a lot of the time.

Eunhon

01-22-2013

I mean.. I'm not being racists or anything. It's just like being in a korean MMO in a dungeon with korean players. Not knowing korean and when they try to tell you something to help benefit the team will really mess things up. Plenty of times I needed to tell them "push mid", " push top" " grind on minions to level up you're under leveled" ect. Simple advice such as that can come a long way in a game where communication is needed between team mates.

C9 SingSing

01-22-2013

Well, if they are considerate enough to realize that you are not able to speak the same language as them, they would probably return the same courtesy, assuming they are not very spiteful people for having a language barrier as some are. LoL's core lingo is not going to change.

Yonakamousou

01-22-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eunhon View Post
I mean.. I'm not being racists or anything. It's just like being in a korean MMO in a dungeon with korean players. Not knowing korean and when they try to tell you something to help benefit the team will really mess things up. Plenty of times I needed to tell them "push mid", " push top" " grind on minions to level up you're under leveled" ect. Simple advice such as that can come a long way in a game where communication is needed between team mates.
Yeah, but you need to know the specific lingo of the game regardless of whether you speak Korean or English, otherwise you are just a bad player in either circumstance. So in LoL, try to keep your language simple and to the point using game-specific language as much as possible and you might be better understood ( I gank mid, sona b, care yi, etc)

Advocating things like IP bans is just cruel and I can tell you how bad it feels for example not being able to play many Japanese online games because they block outside IPs for reasons like this (I've studied the language for 4 years btw).

C9 SingSing

01-22-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yonakamousou View Post
Yeah, but you need to know the specific lingo of the game regardless of whether you speak Korean or English, otherwise you are just a bad player in either circumstance. So in LoL, try to keep your language simple and to the point using game-specific language as much as possible and you might be better understood ( I gank mid, sona b, care yi, etc)

Advocating things like IP bans is just cruel and I can tell you how bad it feels for example not being able to play many Japanese online games because they block outside IPs for reasons like this (I've studied the language for 4 years btw).
IP bans are just too extreme for a game where you can spend money on it. Yes, it is free, but making any purchases makes the content yours. I'd be a little angry if I got IP banned 'cuz of trolls reporting me for lulz.

Rypleys

01-22-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eunhon View Post
Am I the only one that thinks this? the game is so hard to play when you can't communicate when the people who cant speak english :/..... it just angers me when isee one cuz i know that i'll lose for sure... What do you guys think about it?... Do you feel there should be an IP block or their own server? How's this affected you?
Racist. Learn to talk different languages. English is the main language in NA but never the only one. I am fine with Spanish speakers as well as English speakers. I met Portuguese speakers and some other languages. For asking for a gank you just need to ping the jungler and the lane desired to gank. Pinging is the universal language. =D

TheFakeSit

01-22-2013

SUPPORT tired of getting stuck with 4 premade spanish people. pretty much secures a loss tbh.

A yordle minion

01-22-2013

I do think a LatAm server would be A Good Thing... that said, IP blocks seem a too drastic: there are players (like myself, I hope) that speak enough English to play this game on the NA server and if not, they can always communicate through pings, like others suggested.

I read the competiting MOBA is implementing a standarized message interface that translates common short frases (mia, ty, gj, recall, etc.) in different languages. That seems like a nice thing to have.