Mid is losing lane. Give him blue buff.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Mothalius

01-22-2013

All the dudes saying dying once or losing lane shouldn't mean they automatically lose the buff, that's not what I'm saying. And yes I know that "champions" like Anivia and Cass need blue buff pretty bad. Which is why I always give the second, my point was simply that if the enemy mid kills our mid and gets away with half their health, then chances are that blue buff would not have helped them anyway. S'why I said if they're losing lane hard, not just losing lane (in my post, not title), then I won't give it away.

Like pogopogo said, as a jungler you have to gauge that kinda thing. If they're doing well enough without blue buff, or are even winning the lane yes I'll give it to them. And yes AD Bot, it CAN be the difference between winning/losing, but not often. It almost shouldn't be. You should be able to harass or even trade and still get cs, without going oom (and as such without worrying about CD's) The only time it really comes into play is if you're going all in for a kill. Which is why I said, if you didn't have blue buff, and they barely got away, yes I'll give it to them.

deirin

01-22-2013

[QUOTE=Mothalius;33767721]No. 95% of the time you lose mid lane, QUOTE]
50%? maybe...

Keuzen

01-22-2013

I only ask for blue if the jungler doesn't mind. While I think having blue would assist many mid characters in laning better, I understand that is not a make-or-break thing that would determine one's lane. Having blue as a mid is a gift, not a necessity.

JRiMi

01-22-2013

I had a mid lane ryze the other day that was 0-4 before the 2nd blue came up so I took it and still ganked mid to help. But he didn't get blue til he stepped up and started getting kills lol. He didn't complain tho BC he knew better

PogoPogoPogoPogo

01-22-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by JRiMi View Post
I had a mid lane ryze the other day that was 0-4 before the 2nd blue came up so I took it and still ganked mid to help. But he didn't get blue til he stepped up and started getting kills lol. He didn't complain tho BC he knew better
Being 0-4 at 7:20 is a lot different than being down in CS at 7:20.

I don't think anyone is arguing for giving an 0-4 player a buff at 7:20.

PogoPogoPogoPogo

01-22-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flagrock View Post
First, I want to say as a jungler I get extremely annoyed when people say this: "jungle buffs do not belong to the jungler".
They're not.

The job of the jungler is to make sure his team wins laning phase. Most times, this is most effectively accomplished by passing the blue buff to your mid. Sometimes, if you've got say a manaless mid, it can be effective to pass the blue buff to your top or ADC depending on what champs they are. And sometimes it's best to keep the buffs on the jungler.

And I'm really tired of seeing the Amumu example being brought up.

Guess what? You "THE JUNGLE BUFFS ARE ALL MINE" folk mention him every time this discussion gets brought up. We get it. Amumu is mana-heavy. Okay? We understand.

We know this. We also know that YOU know this. So instead of thinking "Hey, I want to play Amumu," how about this approach: "Is my mid blue dependent? If not, I could play Amumu. If so, I should probably play a champion that I can afford to pass blue off to my mid to help the team win the game."

Buffs are a resource. They're a team resource. Just like creep score, gold, experience, etc. are team resources. They need to be distributed where ever the TEAM will benefit most from it.

No one cares if you had a great scoreline as Amumu if the end result is your Nexus got destroyed. If you want to win this game, you have to play as a team, and especially in the roles of jungle and support, you have to consider what is best for the team.

Sometimes, yes, that does mean keeping blue for yourself.

But most of the time, it doesn't.

And while it's generally left to the jungler to decide when and how to distribute the buffs, that does not mean that he owns them. They're team resources and it's the jungler's duty to distribute them in whatever manner benefits the team most.

Jerk9003

01-22-2013

I main mid, I don't expect blue buff. I expect to play the game never being given blue buff by my jungler and that way it is a treat to me when I get it.

Alexfrog

01-22-2013

I've had two mid players in the past couple days get so mad because I took the 2nd blue when they were losing. One of them literally followed me around for 5 minutes, doing nothing but try to last hit my jungle creeps. He didnt even damage them. One raged in chat for an entire minute and then went afk.