Tactics 101: The Quadra Gank

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

M4nTiCoR3

01-22-2013

Saw a few other threads mention this and experienced it countless times myself this week. Here is the situation.

Late laning phase, (8-12min) your bot lane is being pressured under tower. One or both are at half HP. All chaps are post lvl 6. Enemies mid and jungle approach three way bush above tower, and...BOOM...4 ult combo under your tower yields 2 kills and 4 assists, and tower if they are lucky.

With wards and mia calls you can generally predict when it is coming, but you are already in a defensive position. What is the best course of action?

My thoughts are generally that its never worth dying for the outer towers when you can't trade evenly. But gtfo has its issue in that if you are wrong you just have up tower to early pressure instead of a legit threat, which is not OK either.

The best I have seen this countered is when a mobile mid and jungle jump in after the carnage and clean up their hurting team. This requires they be healthy, and mobile enough to respond. TF, Pan, She could probably do this, other chaps...meh, its a **** shoot.

Other thoughts?

M4nTiCoR3

01-22-2013

That scenario also assumes that you actually traded some damage and that the reason thier mid is roaming isn't because they just iced your own mid.

LordNesh

01-22-2013

If mid and jungle can't get down there to help, abandon the turret and instead punish them by taking mid turret. Jungle should help bot defend or push mid turret down quick.

Sereg Anfaug

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-22-2013

This works very well, but is almost impossible to coordinate in solo queue. Ranked teams already know about it and use it extensively.

X4N4T05

01-22-2013

This is why people like to ban Shen/TF haha. I use both a lot. I agree with Nesh about grouping mid and pushing through it. A awesome ranked duo is Nocturne/Twisted Fate. Earlygame map prescense turns into ability to pick late. Mobile champions just seem to fit the way the game goes, try and keep some map prescense, or take Teleport if possible.

zliplus

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-22-2013

As mentioned, the smart thing is to get the hell out and let the team counter somewhere else. Alternatively, it's not impossible to pull a hero move and beat them 2v4, but I wouldn't depend on it.

DJ DAVEY SNOW

01-22-2013

If you have wards out in your Tri (assuming blue team for sakes of example) you honestly need to get over the fact you can't fight it, just retreat, and dont fork up kills on top of a tower. If you die under tower, you've just given up 2 kills as WELL as tower gold as WELL as most likely dragon, which puts you just oh so far behind. Retreating will sacrifice the tower yes, but it will give teamates time to react and counter push a mid tower, and come and contest a dragon rather than losing it.