As a Player who has played GP from season 1 to 3

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Agility

01-22-2013

Cancerdog playing Nautilus is a bit OP too I think.

Skippy917

01-22-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Agility View Post
Inb4 someone points out Skippy hasn't played since July 19

Skippy has more accounts

Skippy917

01-22-2013

Come on old GP mains, show your support

TerminallyTRILL

01-22-2013

Bump for pirates!

Skippy917

01-22-2013

Keep this alive, for GP!!

Hashii

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-22-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skippy917 View Post
im really upset.

when i first started to play the league, i saw this pirate with some epic chest hair, i knew it would be my main from the moment i saw him... after a lot of matches i finally got the IP i needed and unlocked the jack of all trades Gangplank

Season one gangplank was so fun, his passive would inflict grievious wounds, wich was pretty cool concidering a lot of peaple ran summ spell heal, his Q had an AP ratio, so pretty much 500 AP on a Q would hit pretty hard, plus your W has a 1.0 AP ratio, you could just shrug off the damage and eat REAL ORANGES TO MAKE EVERYTHING K. his ult field was niche, it was almost twice the radius that we have now, but the same ammount of cannonballs would drop, this was a real damn gamble, but still offered some fun , since well, a cannonball would hit for more if you where building Mageplank.
lets not forget about his E, he could just shoot his own siege minion, and try to out level his lane opponent that way, now thats some nice tactic, E would also grand way more movement speed passively and granted attack speed, also the buff to ally's was larger then it is now, wich is sadly lost now

after a while, they reworked his passive, put an AD ratio on his Q apply on hit effects, gangplank passive now slows a target wich stacked up to 5 times, 7% times 5. i dident know what to make of it, becouse i never really was in melee range as mageplank to begin with, but then i saw the power of the ADC gangplank.

gangplank Q used to give 14 gold on killing blow, i remember going botlane with a soraka, and just farm all day, never had to worry about a gank, or damage for that matter, i remember going top, when i fought a jarvan, or a garen, whenever they overextend to much, i would build up those 5 stacks of grog soaked blade, and really make them hurt.

i was so happy with his new passive, finally a reliable CC for the champion i love, nothing could go wrong,

then the first nerfs came, wich some may call a buff.....
passive stacks to 4. raise morale does not require an ally minion to activate,
this is the beginning, of the end for my pirate.

i never forget the nerf, after nerf, after nerf.

im sad what they have done to my pirate, he is not even a shadow of his former self. E is cut by half, Q has been cut to half, and his passive has been cut to half.

the only thing this guy has for him now, is that his Q apply's on hit effects, this is pretty much the only thing what keeps GP in the game, while he had SO MUCH to do with, and it has been gutted to one viable build, just to build a mallet or gauntlet and try to Q slow them

some advanced tactics right there,,,

i want my old pirate

please show your support for the one and only pirate of the league

yarrrr for you gp,
This is how I feel about Vlad. After his 9th consecutive nerf.
(Mind you, that number is more like 12-14 now CONSECUTIVELY)

TerminatusOmega

01-22-2013

bump for my manly pirate....

Darkotas

01-22-2013

Bump and support for rebuffing the cap'n.

Exsanguinated

01-22-2013

I wanted to try and play Plank... but after rading what I've read... I'm afraid it'll only dissapoint me.

Forever Dunking

01-22-2013

I feel you bro :/
he was my main too and I miss him alot.
I remember when I was playing him tons, and he got nerfed, nerfed, nerfed, nerfed and then they changed the crit mastery which killed him completly..

He's still able to win lanes, but it is really hard and depends on the matchup even harder than before, you need to build him full ad with a tiamat or else he wont do ****, and if you do build crit, you will be squishy as balls and it will cost way much more money than if you build flat ad, this is just sad and I want gangplank back to where he was.
Damn you riot, ruining every champion I main T_T

Gangplank, rengar, Olaf (atma's nerf + e nerf I cant play him anymore, I dont know why I just dont feel playing him with 5k hp and only doing dmg with e, it doesnt fit me )

If only they could give his pre nerf passive back... he was an unique champion in this way that you couldn't 1vs1 him directly like darius is atm, BUT NO MAGIC DAMAGE THAT SLOWS IS TOO OP LET'S GIVE THE SAME TO DARIUS. It just made me rage, I then played darius a couple matches, won most of them but I've felt like the more I played darius, the more I would lose my soul because this champion is unfair both for your team and the enemy, just feels like you are ruining the fun of your enemies/teamates.
Meh. time will tell.