[Program] Fix window "quarter of screen"-bug with 1 key!

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Kanonenmann

01-22-2013

Hi everyone!

This bug persists for about 6 months now and i never found a solution for it, asked others and it turned out that i'm not the only one who has this bug.

Problem:

When the game starts, you just see one quarter of the screen like it's pulled to the lower right of the screen (when playing borderless window mode).

Solution:

Quote:
HotKeySet("{PGUP}", "_maxi")

$fenster = "League of Legends"

While 1
Sleep(50)
WEnd

Func _maxi()
WinSetState($fenster, "", @SW_MAXIMIZE )

If WinActive($fenster) Then
Else
WinActivate($fenster)
EndIf
EndFunc
This is a little AutoIt script that maximizes the game so it's aligned correctly. All you need to do is pressing PgUp when the game is bugged.

I also created a compiled file that does that job. It can be downloaded here:

http://bit . ly/Hiix2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Endangerment View Post
Links not working bro
Yea. Remove the spaces. the forum doesn't like bit . ly because of spambots and sh*t. I just use it to share a short url you can easily remember.

Note:
Since i was unable to force this bug to happen in Fullscreen mode so far, i can only guess that it will work there too. However, people playing in borderless window mode might be glad when they dont need to maximize the window via taskmanager

edit:

Forced the bug now properly to test it in fullscreen.

Does not work yet, but i'll update the code to get it to work too

edit2:

Looks like AutoIt doesn't care about fullscreen windows. This means (for now) when playing in fullscreen, just tab out of the game and back in to resolve the issue. This script will only work for borderless window. However, it is way less annoying to tab out and back into the game than the stuff you have to do when playing borderless, so i may leave the script as it is, except i find a way to force it to do the same to fullscreen windows

Endangerment

Recruiter

01-22-2013

Links not working bro

Lord Xantosh

01-22-2013

i had this same issue what i found as for reason and solution, when game goes from lockin phase to loading phase, if you click another apllication in between these 2 pahses when there is the LOL logo on the screen, it will cause this bug, once in game hit ESC drag menu up so you can exit game after 5 secs, it will take you to the screen saying you have left game do you wish to reconnect, hit yes/accept, AND DON'T CLICK ANYTHING ELSE, wait for loading screen to start.

so in hindsight, once you have locked in, remove your hands from keyboard and mouse and wait till the game starts to actually load!

slipstream21jn

01-22-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Xantosh View Post
i had this same issue what i found as for reason and solution, when game goes from lockin phase to loading phase, if you click another apllication in between these 2 pahses when there is the LOL logo on the screen, it will cause this bug, once in game hit ESC drag menu up so you can exit game after 5 secs, it will take you to the screen saying you have left game do you wish to reconnect, hit yes/accept, AND DON'T CLICK ANYTHING ELSE, wait for loading screen to start.

so in hindsight, once you have locked in, remove your hands from keyboard and mouse and wait till the game starts to actually load!

Don't do that, you risk connecting back in late. Just use the way that 95% of people use now. Ctl-Alt-Delete -> Start Task Manager -> Right click League program -> click maximize

Alternative way: When game loads pres ESC, drag menu up to top left, click video, change to full screen, click ok. and then change it back to windowed. You have to drag the menu up as far as possible, so you can click OK after changing to full screen.

Kanonenmann

01-22-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by slipstream21jn View Post
Don't do that, you risk connecting back in late. Just use the way that 95% of people use now. Ctl-Alt-Delete -> Start Task Manager -> Right click League program -> click maximize

Alternative way: When game loads pres ESC, drag menu up to top left, click video, change to full screen, click ok. and then change it back to windowed. You have to drag the menu up as far as possible, so you can click OK after changing to full screen.

this is actually what my script does... just by pressing PgUp, instead of opening the task manager, right clicking LoL and maximize it. Just made it to get it more comfy until riot decides to fix an annoying bug that persists for a half year, which actually gets way more annoying when you play the game in borderless window mode and dont know how to fix it, because playing in fullscreen has the side-effect that tabbing out of the game and back in will fix it also.

btw:

"this is not working"

yea. it isn't. The filter just censored adf-ly so i had to put spaces between the dot. ^.^

JJ Unbreakable

02-01-2013

For anyone who wants the working link it's here:
adf. ly/Hiix2 (remove space) That redirects to:
http://depositfiles.com/files/255tgp1zp

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanonenmann View Post
"links not working..."
http://bit . ly/Hiix2
Yea. Remove the spaces. the forum doesn't like bit . ly because of spambots and sh*t. I just use it to share a short url you can easily remember.
btw:
"this is not working"
yea. it isn't. The filter just censored adf-ly so i had to put spaces between the dot. ^.^
@Kanonenmann
The link you posted is for bit . ly
The file you uploaded is actually on adf . ly

You should probably get round to fixing that. As you can see, you can just use one space to display the adf. ly link.
I had a harder time than I should have figuring this out. I just wanted to click on something and get your file.
I'm pretty sure everyone else has just given up and moved on when they saw the broken link.

puritee

02-01-2013

Thanks a ton! I hope it will fix my borderless windowed mode problem!

KaosSmurf

02-01-2013

Quote:
Ctl-Alt-Delete -> Start Task Manager -> Right click League program -> click maximize

faster: ctrl+shift+escape opens task manager directly.

Manse

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-01-2013

another way around the problem I discovered: right click on your task bar, select properties, check/uncheck "auto hide," hit apply.

you can undo the change immediately, but it does repaint your Windows and gets everything lined up properly again

manblood

02-14-2013

Quote:

that works for me, when I did click maximize, but something wrong with the window appears at first, i did disable auto hide from task bar but this part dose not work,

Thank you, and hope this bug fixed soon.