Elise Build Ideas?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Myrmidont

10-26-2012

I'm thinking a combination of on hit's and attack speed using base damage and penetration

So like as an idea

sorc shoes, haunting guise, and malady.

or if I want to get sustain and attack speed, and cdr I could go gunblade+zeekz and try that route.

What have you guys doneand had success with.

Arai

10-26-2012

First off, I'm playing Elise in lane rather than in jungle--I main top lane for my ranked team so I figured I'd try her in a solo lane--so if you have disagreements with that idea just bear with me.

I'm finding that Elise's biggest issue is her in lane sustainability,both for mana and health regeneration. Based on how her rather extensive kit functions, I'm seeing that she has a lot more potential to counter beefy melee tops than she does squishy, ranged AP mids (anyone else see the issues you'd have against Brand or Ahri?).

I'm still experimenting with her, but I'm finding that taking a hextech revolver on my first buy, sorc boots on my second, and hextech gunblade on my third can cover her hp sustain pretty well--granted the WoTA is better in dual AP comps but her spider form benefits hugely from the increased AD and vamp. Mid and late game shes actually a really fun and interesting champ to play, it's just that her early laning (if you put her lane like I am) generally sucks hard due to resource/health issues. Any suggestions?

Togekiss24

10-26-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by iOn Broken Wings View Post
First off, I'm playing Elise in lane rather than in jungle--I main top lane for my ranked team so I figured I'd try her in a solo lane--so if you have disagreements with that idea just bear with me.

I'm finding that Elise's biggest issue is her in lane sustainability,both for mana and health regeneration. Based on how her rather extensive kit functions, I'm seeing that she has a lot more potential to counter beefy melee tops than she does squishy, ranged AP mids (anyone else see the issues you'd have against Brand or Ahri?).

I'm still experimenting with her, but I'm finding that taking a hextech revolver on my first buy, sorc boots on my second, and hextech gunblade on my third can cover her hp sustain pretty well--granted the WoTA is better in dual AP comps but her spider form benefits hugely from the increased AD and vamp. Mid and late game shes actually a really fun and interesting champ to play, it's just that her early laning (if you put her lane like I am) generally sucks hard due to resource/health issues. Any suggestions?
Doesn't the effect of her Spider form's W give her some health restoration?

I would say any build could use CDR, even going as far as getting an SR, since Elise has some pretty long cooldowns on her skills, especially her E.

Trono210

10-26-2012

Rageblade works well with her spiderform w if you are going with a "hits" build

Chaotic HeartLD

10-26-2012

I tried the On-Hit build, myself, when I was using her on the PBE. It did not really work for me.

I was almost certain it would, as there seems to be a lot of synergy there with items like Malady and such... it just didn't work out as well as expected. I think the main issue was the lack of "tankiness" you typically get from the On-Hit items that work well with her.

I found going kind of a "hybrid" build worked for me, where I would get a RoA or other tanky AP item first, and then go for other "bits and pieces" that work well with her like the Gunblade or some other form of lifesteal, some CDR, perhaps another tanky item, etc. All depending on what I was facing.

As to the question about lane sustain... two things to keep in mind. One is that spider W heals. It is not a "great" heal, but it is usually enough to help sustain in lane if done right. A single lifesteal item can help out here, as well. The second is that the spider form is manaless. This is a huge one. This means you should pretty much ALWAYS farm a minion wave as a spider, unless your opponent is close enough that you can harass as human AND farm. If you farm as spider, you spend no mana and you heal; doing double-time for covering your sustain.

xJLx MCHammer

10-26-2012

What I do is go mid. It doesn't really compare well with top players but if you want to play on normal it works well.
Start with Boots, 3x pots>1 Doran, or 2 if you are doing good. Then I usually go with Rylain's then ROA, if I need some armor I go with Hourglass

I don't really find her a reliable jungler, maybe someone can shed some light

Rismart

10-26-2012

I tried her jungle and her first rute is very bad, I couldnt finish the first rute with Boots + 3 hp pot and recalled before golems

then in other game I tried Cloth armor+5 pots and end up burning all of them (9 magic pen marks/9 armor seals/9 MR per level glyphs/flat Ap Quint were my runes with 21/9/0 masteries)

Her W doesnt scales her heal as you level it so its is unnoticeable early-mid game, with lots of AP and post 16 you really see the healing (late game each AA wiled heal like 9 hp but plus your 5 spider it turns to 53) but riot should buff it so she can get advantage of it early game

Her ganks are good, she is a lee sin with a slower Sonic wave, she needs to land her human E to do good and then W-Q-R-E-W-Q to get the kill. Her real problem is her horrible scaling, IMO riot should nerf the base damage on both Q and give it a good AP ratio so she can REALLY be an assassin mid-late game

Rismart

10-26-2012

I just though of a build that might work, a magic dps should be fine on her

Malady
Madred Bloodrazors
Lich Bane
Rabadon's deathcap
Rylai's Crystal Scepter/Will of the Ancients/Hextech Gunblade
Sorcerer boots

first harass in human form and then lunge in spider form, your AS with this will be very high and the Malady buff your R damage and Madred passive, Lich bane for the extra burst if you try to finish low health target.

I will see if I can test this soon.

Dustpartical

01-24-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rismart View Post
I tried her jungle and her first rute is very bad, I couldnt finish the first rute with Boots + 3 hp pot and recalled before golems

then in other game I tried Cloth armor+5 pots and end up burning all of them (9 magic pen marks/9 armor seals/9 MR per level glyphs/flat Ap Quint were my runes with 21/9/0 masteries)

Her W doesnt scales her heal as you level it so its is unnoticeable early-mid game, with lots of AP and post 16 you really see the healing (late game each AA wiled heal like 9 hp but plus your 5 spider it turns to 53) but riot should buff it so she can get advantage of it early game

Her ganks are good, she is a lee sin with a slower Sonic wave, she needs to land her human E to do good and then W-Q-R-E-W-Q to get the kill. Her real problem is her horrible scaling, IMO riot should nerf the base damage on both Q and give it a good AP ratio so she can REALLY be an assassin mid-late game
I agree with what you said on the Q skill, I feel that it falls of late game. However, I find her to be a good jungler. She is a little rough getting started I will give you that, but once she has a good start up she can clear the jungle quite effectively. Her ganks are great as well and can get your teams some really easy kills. For those wondering which direction I go for her build, I go with a bit of tankiness and load up on AP