Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Nocturne not cutting it anymore ?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Defendi

01-22-2013

He is one champ that has really fallen off in the world of HP/Black cleaver rushing and stacking. What is up with him and why is no one playing him anymore in Dom.

Is it just that he falls into the category of "Somebody else can do his job just faster and more efficiently" ?

Redeemed In Fire

01-22-2013

Actually I feel like he's pretty strong, maybe solid T2 or so. Outshined by the gimmicky OP champions, but not weak in his own right.

FOODFOOD

01-22-2013

Is Blade of the Ruined King enabled in Dominion? (I've honestly never checked)
I could see that being an awesome item on bot lane Nocturne. He scales crazy well with lifesteal.

Even though his ult gives him amazing ganking power, I've found that bot lane is really the best place for him. He can duel like no other.

AK47WOLF

01-22-2013

His blades cut fine hue.

Panzerzs

01-22-2013

I haven't tried nocturne after black cleaver patch, I'll tell you how he goes when I play him with my team, that is, when the studies finish HUE
-With the BC and ghostblade, it will make noc dish out his AAs faster, but ye ofc, burst melee champions shred nocturne easily, which is why he is an assassin

-global ultimates dashes him from place to place, the key thing to remember is not to run into ap casters because I hate building mr when ap casters get 70 magic pen + a void

CarnivaL

01-22-2013

Nocturne is exceptionally strong as a bruiser. If you need a build try: Prospect & Boot -> Black Cleaver -> Tabi/Merc -> Sanguine -> Randuin/Bulwark/Visage/FH -> Last Whisper. Skill build is generally R>Q>E>W though E>W or W<E is personal preference/situational.

Personally I feel 9-21 or 10-19-1 are his preferred masteries but there are some who enjoy 21-x-x. Runes for bruiser Noc are typically MS/LS quints, arpen red, armor yellow and mr/lvl blues while assassin Noc run MS/ArPen quints.

Remember that a lot of Nocturne's mitigation/skill comes from W. Missing/wasting it will cripple you immensely.

Eloquid

01-24-2013

I don't know, I played him during free week and found him incredibly strong in first game I ever played with him. He's great, I regret that I don't have him.

Kawaii Katarina

01-24-2013

He's solid bot. He can push fairly well, he has a movement speed "steroid"/AD, his passive is AoE and sustain... He has a spell shield. His ult is great in duels or some long-range presence. Nocturne can build a BC just fine.