AHA Draaaaaven

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

SeiYouSiLa

01-22-2013

Yay Draven is on sale and I've decided to finally taking a look at the ADC role(I always avoid the ADC role whenever possible) because of him

so I bought him and in order to spare 4 innocent souls from a game of defeat I played against some bots, and damn.........I can't really control him especially at the very beginning when I tried to catch those axes for the very first time.

When playing as Draven I feel like the axes are leading me and I can't really control where they'll land.

How should I do this, how should I play Draven and how can I improve on these axe catching techniques (I only had one game so yea, room to improve)

I think I've seen 1 guy playing Draven for the first time or new to Draven and was able to catch them axes, is there a secret to this?

Anyways please do post your strategies and how you play or practice him, especially what you did with him with you bought him for the very first time

Koosh Ball

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-22-2013

His axes will land in the direction you were moving when you threw them. So to harrass really well you can throw an axe, then immediately move away from the enemy and your axe will land in the path you're moving.

Hope that helps, happy executions ;3

MrSnitches

01-22-2013

Draven is a lot of fun to play, but he's a bit more difficult to use because of his Q (Having to run all over the place just to use your ability). His Q is ridiculously good for farming, though.

TasogareReiken

01-22-2013

At that small expense Draven is a stronger version of Graves with more survivability and damage.

DunkmasterFlexxx

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-22-2013

I play him top. :dravenface: It's his lane after all...as well as mid...and bot...and the jungle...and the enemies jungle...and the enemies base...it's all his...cuz it's his league.

LionsCandy

01-22-2013

I think a common misconception about the axes is that you have to catch them.

Sure, it does increased damage (And after a while, you can activate it again to throw two spinning axes, but what I do in lane to poke is activate spinning axes, throw it at a champ, and start moving back before it hits so it heads in my direction. Sometimes i'll catch it, sometimes I won't, but the enemy champ still takes a lot of damage initially and then recieves Draven's passive...The bleeding DoT.

What I have trouble with as Draven is making his ultimate useful.

I still rock with him.

iPrecision

01-22-2013

Draven is a strong ADC in good hands, if you can continue to catch axes you can take out pretty much anyone.

Draven Counter: Alistar. That stupid headbutt lol

JustMyBassCannon

01-22-2013

Basically, like Koosh said, Draven's axes are coded so that, if you're standing still, it will land within 100 units of your standing position. However, if you're moving in a specific direction around the time when it hits, it will land in front of where you're going.

This allows for some hilarious harass, as you can toss it while in turret range, Blood Rush out, and catch it without taking turret fire. Not to mention you can easily make it land in the minion wave so you can hide behind them if vs someone like Ezreal or Blitzcrank.

ReasonablyInsec

01-22-2013

Gotta start with those boots, bro

If catching an axe would land you in a very dangerous position, like enemy adc nuke range, in a 1v5, or enemy spawning pool, DON'T CATCH THE AXE.

Also remember to spam Blood Rush in a fight. If you have blue, spam it everywhere.

Lane with a good Leona. Lead your axe to their ADC. Their ADC will likely cover it. Leona ults their position. Free kill.

Another Draaaaaaaven tip- Duel whenever you can early game. You almost always win.