Que dodge punishment op

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

PogoPogoPogoPogo

01-22-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by workthecorners View Post
.but problem is i work, live alone, pay bills, have a gf, cook clean etc etc i love playing 2 maybe 3 games a day (more on my days off) but i dont have time like this and playing a game with trolls is just as bad
I know, right. You're the only LoL player that has a life, so it's wrong for Riot to have this queue dodge penalty.

I mean, it's not like extending the queue time of the players you dodged away from is a big deal. They don't have a life and other things they need to take care.

Alaskar

01-22-2013

play a custom.

workthecorners

01-22-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by PogoPogoPogoPogo View Post
I know, right. You're the only LoL player that has a life, so it's wrong for Riot to have this queue dodge penalty.

I mean, it's not like extending the queue time of the players you dodged away from is a big deal. They don't have a life and other things they need to take care.
i dont think anywhere in there i said im the only one the point of my post was ALOT of people have things to do and dont want to play with 12y/o trolls who have nothing to do but play anivia support with smite and revive and also dont have time to wait an hour dodge penalty

HIER0

01-22-2013

Quote:
So you feel i deserve an hour ban?
yes, go watch tv for an hour, not a big deal

workthecorners

01-22-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by HieroImperium View Post
yes, go watch tv for an hour, not a big deal
this was at 2 am after i got off work last night i was going to play a game and go to bed....didnt get to

PogoPogoPogoPogo

01-22-2013

Quote:
i dont think anywhere in there i said im the only one the point of my post was ALOT of people have things to do and dont want to play with 12y/o trolls who have nothing to do but play anivia support with smite and revive and also dont have time to wait an hour dodge penalty
You completely fail to understand the point of my post, so let me just spell it out for you.

Like you, I've got other things to do. And in draft mode, whether normal or ranked, it can take like 10 minutes to get in a match, go through all the bans and all of the champion selects. If someone dodges right at the end of it (because they're trying to wait for someone else to dodge for whatever reason), then I now have to wait in queue again and go through the entire 10 minute process again.

And this can already happen multiple times before I get into a match with the 30 minute dodge penalty for ranked.

It happens significantly more frequently for normal draft where there's only a 5 minute penalty.

If that same stunt gets pulled three times in a row in match-making lobbies I'm in, then I've now waited just as long as you have to get into a match when you sit out your first 30 minute dodge penalty.

The dodge penalty exists to discourage people from dodging because it drastically extends the queue time for everyone else, particularly in the draft games.

HIER0

01-22-2013

Quote:
this was at 2 am after i got off work last night i was going to play a game and go to bed....didnt get to
Don't dodge then, if all you wanted to do was play a game you had three opportunities to do so.

If the games you got into weren't acceptable to you thats your problem, not Riots

Keuzen

01-22-2013

Many people have complaints about issues like this. I agree that most are very valid, but Riot would probably be more likely to help if you would post a solution. Saying that it is BS and asking for a fix isn't possible. Removal of the punishment would allow players to leave champion select, join another, leave another, and so on. While having a quickly-multiplying punishment is just unfair when one has a reasonable cause. Riot cannot implement a non-existant solution. As someone said above that it is a ban, that is not true. You are still able to play custom games such as ARAM, beginner bots, etc. Just keep in mind that it isn't just a patch=fix solution. It is nearly impossible to filter out those with a valid excuse, with trolls that just join to leave.

workthecorners

01-23-2013

@PogoPogoPogoPogo
i under stand that it can take a while to get into game and that sucks i just feel that the punishment curve is to steep when the people who are dodging are not the trolls its the people who want to have a fun game or have a legit reason for leaving

@Keuzen
i stated my solution already

weather you lower the dodge ques or not i think for every game you play between dodges should lower you dodge punishment by a set amount of time or a percentage of time

EX.
dodge 4 times in a row
get 5 min 20 min 60 min 1 hour 40 min

dodge 1 play 3 dodge one
get 5 min 17 min (20-3 games)
or percentage 25% per game
get 5 min then 5 min (20x75%)

whatever have the smart people do the math still thats what i say

Vrykonik

01-23-2013

Punishment for dodgers needs to be severe. Honestly it should be considered a loss on ELO of person dodging. I don't dodge and have won games with people who were trolling in champion select. The only reason people dodge is because they want to be carried out of their ELO by people better than them. I've won with odd team comps and have won games where I should have lost.

OP you are selfish and that is what it boils down to. You want to have the best team every time and don't like getting punished for dodging average or below average teams which I might add you can still win with as enemy teams on average are very... well average.

Really I think if you enter a ranked game and dodge you should take ELO hit equal to that of having lost the game while your team does not suffer any losses. Screw time penalties, put you at the ELO you belong in.