Support Champions

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

TehomCD

01-22-2013

Here's a picture guide (pre-season 3, so some of it isn't as relevant now) about which support champions synergize with what AD carries, and who they counter.

http://i.imgur.com/fkunE.jpg

Currently my favorite supports are things like Nunu with a Caitlyn, Taric with Sivir or Miss Fortune or Vayne, and Zyra/Sona sometimes as a counter to melee-range supports. I tend to play Taric far and away the most though, he's the one I'm most comfortable with; his armor aura is deceptively strong currently due to the prevalence of AD casters and bruisers, and his stun will always remain relevant throughout the game.

IS134793e5f3c35e84c7d25

01-23-2013

volibear support is okay. especially against leona support.

I did a volibear and teemo bot lane one time, and we destroyed blitz and sivir, and we even had a twitch jungler. our setup was way unconventional. the enemy team had an eve jungle.

all said in done it was a very one sided match. we won.

Kachine

01-23-2013

Blitzcrank is usually banned. So is Alistar.

Taric is solid in all picks
Leona is really amazing with her ccs
Sona is great for poking although you have to be careful with her for how squishy she is
Zyra is great for peeling
Nunu's bloodboil is amazing
Janna is good too in teamfights but not so much in lane with her ccs
Soraka is basically a farm lane
Lulu is amazing with her ult and ccs
Nami is pretty good but harder to play imo
Zilean is pretty good if they can't poke you back. The ult helps but he can be easily countered by a good team.
Kayle not really a support anymore
Lux is like Zyra but I find Zyra does her job better
Morgana actually a pretty good unconventional support if you are good with landing skill shots
Karma is meh as a support, better mid. She needs AP to scale better, then again, with new support items, she/s probably better now.

Not too sold on Galio support since he gets blown up pretty easily without farm

RealMouse

01-23-2013

the new guy coming out looks to be an amazing support with everything but a heal in his kit. thresh