Dr. Mundo Guide - To be a doctor, you need patience!

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

neopong

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-30-2009

This guide is intended to play Dr. Mundo as an incredible tank and baiter.

Masteries: 0/21/9
Resistance 3/3
Hardiness 3/3
Evasion 4/4
Defensive Mastery 2/2
Nimbleness 1/1
Harden Skin 3/3
Veterans Scars 4/4
Tenacity 1/1

Spatial Accuracy 1/1
Perserverance 3/3
Awareness 4/4
Greed 1/1

Runes:
Red, Yellow, Blue and Quintesence Should all be HP/lvl runes

Summoner Spells:
This is a matter of preference but I go with Teleport and Ghost. Teleport makes sure you're always in the game and can be anywhere you want, while Ghost is used to get out of those bad situations. W Ability + Ghost + Your ultimate = Get away from most anything.

Abilites:
1) Q
2) E
3) Q
4) E
5) Q
6) R
7) Q
8) E
9) Q
10) E
11) R
12) E
13) W
14) W
15) W
16) R
17) W
18) W

Items:
Regrowth Pendant (Starting Item)
Warmogs (using starting Regrowth Pendant)
Mercury's Treads
Warmogs
Force of Nature (most of the time the game is done by this point)
Guardian Angel
Warmogs

Early Game:
Your job early game is just to be patient. Take your cleaver and harass champions with it and last hit minions when it's not possible to harass. You will widdle other champions down and have great survivability as your hp regen will be higher than anyone else in the game at the start due to your passive ability and item choice. Do not try to gank at this point, you just want to farm and get money/xp. Many times i find being patient will either get me the first kill due to people trying to stick around at low hp, or it will force them to get wayyyy behind on xp as they will have many trips home or have to fight at the tower which will take long periods to get to if you strictly last hit the minions (don't auto attack, only last hit!). When you have enough money to get your giants belt blue pill back and buy it, then teleport right back and start farming again until lvl 8'ish.

Mid Game:
So you've hit lvl 8 or 9 and if you last hit a bunch or got some kills you should have either your warmogs assembled or your pendant, giants belt, ruby crystal and boots of speed. At this point you can start roaming and ganking instead of full on farming. Your goal is strictly to slow people down with your cleaver that you're chasing and hitting squishys with your E ability to rapidly knock their socks off and force them into a paniced run, which they will not get away from unless they are saved by some disables or have flash. If you need to make sure you can keep up with them you can use your ultimate, but in general you want to use your ultimate when you're somewhere around 30% health and people start wailing on you. This will give you crazy amounts of hp regen (50% of you MAX HP in 12 seconds) and lots of move speed so you can weather a lot of focused fire while your team picks them apart as they desperately think they can kill you at low life... this is your main job, making the other team think they can kill you at low life when in fact you're not near dead... suckers! If you need to run pop ghost and do it now, however remember even when you're running cleavers thrown back at the enemy hurt and slow so try to remember to do that (easier said than done though).

End Game:
At this point you're just meat. You have your 2 Warmogs and Treads and hopefully your force of nature. You're sitting around 5k hp and lets try the math on your hp regen.

5K hp x .65% (force of nature + passive) = 32.5 hp/sec
2 Maxed Warmogs + force of nature static regen = 225 hp/5sec = 45 hp/sec
Champion at lvl 18 = 4 hp/sec

32.5 + 45 + 4 = 81.5 X 1.06 (from perserverance mastery) = 86.39hp/sec

You're either tanking a tower for your pushing team or baiting in a lane in hopes that they see a poor lonely Mundo farming a lane and he needs a gankin' (remember at this point to always keep on your W ability as it won't drain your life and with your mercury treads you will have an 80% reduction to time of stuns, fears, slows etc). They wail on you for that initial barrage to which you say ow but not enough to kill me with my 5k hp and awesome armor/magic resist. You're fairly low and you pop your ultimate like before and your friends join in. Then you laugh as they keep trying to kill you when you're regenerating an EXTRA 2500hp over 12 seconds (or when broken down 208 hp/sec on top of your 86.39... so close to 300 hp/sec).

Anyhow, this is how I play the Doctor and have found it to be really effective and have won many matches with it. Remember, all you need is some patience!

dotaclinkz

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-05-2009

Very good guide. I am looking forward to using this strategy in my next game!

Mios

12-05-2009

I've been playing Mundo a lot and I have noticed a few things.
With so much HP after warmogs in my opinion it becomes more effective to add armor/mr because they're percentages, and percentage scale amazingly with high hp. Yes having 5k health will make your ulti insane, but having 4k health while reducing physical/magic damage by 65% (get more of either depending on opponents team, or just stack them both) just makes you a way better tank.
i usually go:
Warmogs
Mercury
Sunfire Cloak/Force of nature (get whichever is more important first).
Sunfire cloak/Aegis/Guardian Angel (based on opponents).
Damage/Attack Speed if you want
This makes it near impossible to kill Mundo.

Optional:
Frozen Mallet (slow does stack with axe + the HP is awesome).
Atmas (if you didn't get second sunfire, the armor is good, and you gain like 80 dmg).
Negatron Cloak (cheap MR if needed)
Wit's End (much needed attack speed + MR if you need it)
Stark's (once again, for a melee oriented build if you find you stay alive well enough. with cc abiilities only lasting a split second or so, you will always be stealing life. attack speed is good. aura is good cuz ur always in the fray)

Holepuncher

12-05-2009

I generally play mundo as a tank/chaser. I've had some success with this:

-Doran's and health pot
-Leviathan
-Mercury Treads
-Frozen Mallet
-Atma's
-Phantom Dancer

If you're good enough that you get kills and assists without dieing, leviathan gives you a ton of hp for a low cost. Generally by the time I finish my frozen mallet I'll have 4k+ hp. By then, Atma's will give me +80 damage.

daNNux

12-06-2009

Also if you play very agressive you can do a very good hybrid tank/dps build.

With all runes into: armour pen, crit chanse and crit damage. And also put 21 masteries in offence you do insane damage at low levels -> very good for early ganking.

I play at medium ELO and my usual build is:

Masochism for startskill
Dorans Shield + HPpotion for start items
Ghost/Flash + Cripple

Yesterday i did 280 damage to a fiddle player with a nice crit. Killed him with 2 strikes before he got the time to use Flash and dodge me.

Picking alot of Masochism in the beginning and cleaver second you have really good dps in early-midgame bore people start to take HP/armour upgrades. I usually kill alot of people with this build and it can be done with a lvl1 account.

Zeuxis

03-15-2010

My personal favorite Mundo build he becomes very nasty at the end of games.

Silent Reaper

03-25-2010

You forgot Spirit visage *cough *cough

jedininjaman

03-25-2010

fail guide fails.
NO spirit visage?
NO warden's mail?
NO blade mail?
Madreds would rape your mundo a new ass hole.

HawksGoCAW

03-25-2010

Pretty sure HP regen caps at 40.

Jothki

03-25-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by jedininjaman View Post
fail guide fails.
NO spirit visage?
NO warden's mail?
NO blade mail?
Madreds would rape your mundo a new ass hole.
More of a fail necro fails.