How can I improve?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

A Feisty Peacawk

01-21-2013

Hi all.

Firstly, I am NOT complaining about Elo hell. I don't believe in it.

That said, I started off this season slightly under 1200 elo, as I started playing halfway through last season. I finished pretty poorly, as I started playing ranked before I really knew what I was doing.

Now that I have a bit more of a clue what the heck is going on, I've been playing ranked this season. I finished my ten placement matches with a 50% win rate, elo 1056.

Now I've lost 7 games. In a row.

I'm not going to blame my teammates. It's not all their fault. I usually play jungle or top, occasionally mid. Roles that I feel can really turn the tides of the game. However, it doesn't seem to be enough.

If you look at my profile on lolking, http://www.lolking.net/summoner/na/31844486 Do you see anything that could be vastly improved?

I know I need to keep working at getting a better CS. Trading and CS is still pretty hard for me. I've feed pretty hard a few of the last games, but I generally am positive, or even.

Any thought? I feel like I need to get pushed in the direction of what to focus on, I am at a loss of ideas to figure out how to turn this around. Even trying to diffuse my teammates crying out "We've lost, GG" and giving up at 15 minutes hasn't seemed to work.

So, any ideas?

CoOokiesX

01-22-2013

http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/....php?t=2548604 maybe this will help.

Fênrir

01-22-2013

Watching ur replays can help point out things u did wrong and need to improve on, try gettin lolrecorder

C9 SingSing

01-22-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fênrir View Post
Watching ur replays can help point out things u did wrong and need to improve on, try gettin lolrecorder
Just want to emphasize this, as I was going to suggest it as well.

A Feisty Peacawk

01-22-2013

Is there anything in particular I should watch for? I have lolrec and I generally only see the stupid mistakes I made.

PrincePapa

01-22-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhaegarz View Post
Is there anything in particular I should watch for? I have lolrec and I generally only see the stupid mistakes I made.
That's exactly why you do this. Find your mistakes, then find out how you could have avoided them.

Keuzen

01-22-2013

First off, I would like to remind you that all roles in League of Legends can have enormous impact. Stick with whatever roles you feel most comfortable and able at. LoL is a team game, communicate as often as possible. Play ranked when you feel alert and awake. Find champions that suite your playstyle. Always be aware of what is going on, learn to multitask, learn your champion's weaknesses and strengths, and how you can exploit them. If possible, record your matches and watch them after the game ends. That will help a lot. Finding those "stupid mistakes" and working them out is exactly the point!

Atzigan

01-22-2013

My advise would be first off, play a hyper carry learn how to play one. If you play top counter jungle ward their red or blue and try to snatch the blue and a kill communicating with your team.
Then if you're confident enough and you're ahead get teleport, communicate with your bot lane to place a strategic ward so you can help them dunk bottom.
After that, THINK, think ahead of the enemy, think of their strategy and think a second, what would Cheesus do? Then do something that counters their thinking.
It is a team base game but some summoner's skill of reasoning is capped, so you need to give them that push because maybe the enemy team has probably better players but it's all about shutting those better players down so you can even the odds.
Then, don't think you will win all the games, don't get frustrated man, that's the worse at least for me. I can do really damn good when i'm at peace with myself and I'm thinking clear, but when I'm angry at something I get so aggressive that I die for not thinking what can I do to win the game.
So resolution, think more, if you're not in a good mood with an empty stomach or anything that bothers you don't play rank, do some push ups clear your mind and play again.