How is it possible to gain elo when -

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Syncrosity

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-23-2013

Every game I find myself with a new troll no matter what. I've managed to carry my self to a whopping 1330 elo, but from here I've been just declining. Just last game I had first pick and chose kayle for top lane, and then my 4th pick starts whining saying he's wanted top kayle and that he's afking and randoming. There was nothing called in chat, and of course he randoms, so i swapped him. As kayle top, after whining, he feeds and loses tower at 5 minutes.

How is it possible to gain elo when this happens every single game?

KarmicKatri

01-23-2013

You can't, go play Starcraft 2. At least individual skill matters there, here it is all about if you get feeders or not.

footfoe

01-23-2013

just get over yourself. Why do you want elo anyways?

PogoPogoPogoPogo

01-23-2013

Every single game? That sounds accurate.

KarmicKatri

01-23-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by PogoPogoPogoPogo View Post
Every single game? That sounds accurate.
The good games are blotted out by the uncountable amount of feeders. But go ahead and mock people who are getting screwed by this horrible Ranked System.

chris2423

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-23-2013

u dont remember the games when u feed. or else u probably blame mid lane cause u got ganked cause u didnt ward or u blame jungler for not ganking your lane or u blame your jungler cause he tried to gank your lane and it failed or something.

if u were playing perfect, u wouldnt be 1300 elo. focus on improving and your skills will increase and so will your elo. toplane will feed just as often as yours does. who you are matched with is random, but your skills follow you in every game you play.

Vrykonik

01-23-2013

Wow this KarmicKatri has been trolling forums hard today! Simply put OP reached a level beyond his skill level and is falling back to his true ELO. No one is strong as their highest ELO, and you get what you earn there. It is a statistical certainty though that if you are consistently outplaying people at your ELO bracket then you have 20% better odds of winning than the enemy team. If you lose that... well keep trying to improve and get better or simply accept reality. No one gets worse teams every game, it is a statistical impossibility if you are playing enough games... unless you are that bad player.

Aborigini

01-23-2013

I have won several games 4v5 due to someone going AFK. It is difficult, but it is also very possible. There was a time I blamed my team for everything, the same way you do. However, I have grown out of that and recognize how I can improve my gameplay. I now make a strong effort to communicate with my teammates prior to the actual start of a game. Did you ask him what other positions he was good at or offer to trade with him before he went random?

Redamntion

01-23-2013

Statistics take a while to even out. It can seem at times that you are constantly on the worse team because of the nature of probability.

I for one, believe my current elo is lower than my skill level (at least I'm not alone, hehe). But, I also believe that it will even out eventually. Like Vry said, I have a 20% better chance of being on a winning team if I am playing better than my lane opponent.

However, 17 games ago, I started a 8 game losing streak. After the 8th game I started wondering if ELO hell really did exist (even though chaox and many others have proven it does not). In at least 4 of those games I dominated my lane, and there was not a single game in which I fed.

I proceeded to win my next 9 games. In one of them I admittedly failed hard and got carried, but I was consistent in the other 8 and luck was clearly in my favor for a while.

Have faith, it'll even out. Improve your skill and your ELO will follow. Stop blaming others for your mistakes and figure out what you could have done better. If you were even close to flawless, you would be grinding to rank one on multiple characters (please chaox, give me some of your skill).

EDIT:
PS. Chaox actually went on an 8 game losing streak yesterday. It happens to everyone. Probability is a B$#!*.

Exotic3s

01-23-2013

So I had a troll. Then a trolling LEGIT FEEDER. and somebody who would not listen and a support who never stopped talking well he probably had like 10 minutes total of not typing. Okay I still won. So stfu. If you cannot carry 4 people you don't belong higher elo.