Do I follow my lane?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Shibuya Boy

01-21-2013

I'm usually mid if everything goes well and I have a question. If my lane goes mia should I follow him? What I usually do is push to his turret so i deprive him of cs, but if he roams successfully then it's like "hell, now he's ahead and my other lane is ahead and now my lane is spazzing out on me" >__< What do I do?

Azellos

01-21-2013

For me it depends- did he push hard before he went roaming? Is he actually going to be a threat in his gank?

One of the big factors is if they are tower diving. Sometimes the enemy mid/jungle will team up with bot and 4v2 your bot lane, which is really hard to deal with if they do it right. One of the best things you can do in that scenario is go down and try to make it a 3v4- with the tower, it should be an even exchange if you play well, or maybe even go in your favor.

M3GaL0d0n

01-21-2013

This is situational, sometime you do, sometimes you don't. Your best bet is to figure out where they're headed and inform your team... Since a jungler who starts a blue will go back to the buff when it spawns to give it to the APC, most mana-based mid laners go to the buff at around 7:30. This is a good time to gank with your bot lane and jungler. Other times the enemy mid may be ganking, so try to figure out which direction they are heading and follow them for a counter gank, catching an enemy by surprise can be very hurtful to them and will often result in a free kill. Just don't get caught by yourself in the river in between lanes, so no face checking. Sometimes calling over your jungler to mid simply to push it and damage or even take the tower is enough to punish a roaming enemy even if they are ganking another lane. Always be vigilant and try to figure out if an enemy gank will result in a kill that could risk a key objective, a successful gank on bot lane almost always results in a free dragon or turret. So always stay alert and call MIA and discuss with your team what you suspect the enemy may be doing and what you ought to do about it.