Rengar Needs a REAL buff!!!

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

alfavhunter

01-25-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by kirkster96 View Post
They should make the w scale AD
it would make him easier to balance but it would make ap rengar fans who like to 'scream' their enemy to death a bit irritated at the removal of their 'play-style' though i agree rengar should be a physical damage champion, he should not have ap damage to begin with, just like talon, another ad caster / assassin, does not have actual magic damage

kirkster96

Recruiter

01-25-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by alfavhunter View Post
it would make him easier to balance but it would make ap rengar fans who like to 'scream' their enemy to death a bit irritated at the removal of their 'play-style' though i agree rengar should be a physical damage champion, he should not have ap damage to begin with, just like talon, another ad caster / assassin, does not have actual magic damage
But they still can scream! But they can also shank them! Makes rengar more viable!

alfavhunter

01-25-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by kirkster96 View Post
But they still can scream! But they can also shank them! Makes rengar more viable!

yes, i personally owuldwelcome this change, just stating that others would be upset, but since riot doesnt seem to care about others oppinions on champions playstyle and only how they feel it should be (lookat ap evelin, forced into ad, hybrid, or bruiser now cause ap is now veyr bad) we may see this change in the near future

(ps: ap eve was a bit op, but they defanatly over nerfed her ult (for all builds) and the capability of ap eve)

Jasiwel

01-25-2013

The Rengar rework makes him close to a new champion, so I think people should spend more time learning the newer Rengar before saying he needs a straight-up buff.

Kha'Zix is fine as he is now. Before he could spill over into OP territory, but now he's at that solid and balanced point. He isn't a "little too strong," he's just at a solid balance level right now. I've played against Rengar once (Kha'Zix is one of my mains) and I've watched players play as him. Both times he utterly dominated, so I can't really say for sure if he NEEDS anything right now. The patch happened a couple of weeks ago, so I'd give it more time for people to figure it out before asking for a buff. Kha was nerfed, but he still plays the same. From what I've seen and heard, Rengar plays differently and has to account for different things now.

alfavhunter

01-25-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jasiwel View Post
The Rengar rework makes him close to a new champion, so I think people should spend more time learning the newer Rengar before saying he needs a straight-up buff.

Kha'Zix is fine as he is now. Before he could spill over into OP territory, but now he's at that solid and balanced point. He isn't a "little too strong," he's just at a solid balance level right now. I've played against Rengar once (Kha'Zix is one of my mains) and I've watched players play as him. Both times he utterly dominated, so I can't really say for sure if he NEEDS anything right now. The patch happened a couple of weeks ago, so I'd give it more time for people to figure it out before asking for a buff. Kha was nerfed, but he still plays the same. From what I've seen and heard, Rengar plays differently and has to account for different things now.

i think they need to rework his ult a bit, because the delay (though needed at early levels to prevent anti gank lol fest) should fall off at end game to nothing, or it becomesconsiderably anti fun for rengar as his ultimate constantly feels useless because tankgar is pritty much gone, so rengar will be dead before that delay capis gone, even with just 1 non tank hitting him, because he cannot attack back or his ult is gone, he cannot cast or his ult is gone, its to counterative to itself, makign you basically have ot run for 3 seconds just for your ult to do anything, let alone be useful

so i truely think the delay should go away as he levels from a 2 sec delay at lvl 1, to 0 delay at lvl 3 for his R

GamerSlayer

01-25-2013

I have been thinking and honestly, if Riot would make his bola stronger, he could do a lot more. That being said, he needs his ult changed because it is fairly useless right now. Rengar either does not have enough burst, enough cc, or enough tankability. Thus, he just sucks atm. You can try to argue, but he has an awful win rating, and the "buff" only increased his win rating by 2%!!! So, he really was not changed significantly.

KoinDuo

04-18-2013

-Savagery (Cooldown:2-3 seconds)
ACTIVE: Rengar's next basic attack deals bonus physical damage and apply a mark on his target for 5 seconds which increases the damage Rengar does to them by 5%/10%/15%/20%/25%. When Rengar uses Savagery on a target that has this mark applied , he then gains 30% / 35% / 40% / 45% / 50% attack speed.
TOTAL PHYSICAL DAMAGE: 30 / 60 / 90 / 120 / 150 (+ 100% AD)
-Empowered Savagery
Same thing as above, but the attack speed bonus is greater when the mark is activated (60% / 70% / 80% / 90% / 100%) The damage on this skill is decent right now so i wouldn't change it
Battle Roar(Cooldown:10/9/8/7/6 seconds)
-ACTIVE: Rengar lets out a battle roar, dealing physical damage(scales to 80% of total AD) to nearby enemies. If an enemy is hit by Battle Roar, Rengar also gains bonus armor and magic resist for 4 seconds (BONUS ARMOR & MAGIC RESISTANCE: 10 / 20 / 30 / 40/ 50) Additionally, for each marked enemy hit, Rengar heals himself for (10/20/30/40/50) hp per enemy hit
-Empowered Battle Roar
-ACTIVE: Rengar heals for (20/40/60/80) hp for all marked enemies hit
-THROW NET( idk what to call it)
ACTIVE: Rengar throws a net at target location, dealing physical damage and slowing all enemies within the area by 25% / 30% / 35% / 40% / 45% for 2.5 seconds. Enemies hit by the net are also applied with the same mark from his savagery for 5 seconds. If Rengar damages an enemy marked by the net with any of his abilities, he slows them by an additional 25% / 30% / 35% / 40% / 45%. If however the target is already marked, then the slow will be doubled, and if Rengar attacks the marked enemy, the effect will be refreshed for another 2.5 seconds
-Empowered version
Same thing, but if any of the marked enemies hit by the net get hit with any of his abilities, they get rooted for 1 second, and then have the slow applied, just like his bola strike.
Thrill of the Hunt
-Passive: If Rengar does not take damage for 10 seconds, he stealths. This stealth is broken only when he attacks. While invisible, he gains 5%/10%/15% increased movement speed
-Active: Rengar doubles his movement speed bonus for 5 seconds, and instantly stealths himself. He then gains vision of everyone within a radius. However when used, Rengar loses his passive bonus, until Thrill of the Hunt comes off cooldown.
And now to summarize the proposed changes. Make his Q a more spammable skill, with a cooldown of around 2-3 seconds, like Hecarim's Q. Reduce the cooldown of his battle roar to around 6 seconds, with the bonus Armor and MR lasting for about 4 seconds. His E should be changed to be an AoE of sorts, and all enemies hit get marked which let his Q give him an attack speed bonus or his W heal him for a lot. His normal Q also applies a mark to the target, which when he uses another Q gives him bonus attack speed. This is doubled if its an Empowered Q which hits the target. The damage he does right now on his Q is decent and doesnt need to be changed. His healing should be increased, as well as how much you can spam his skills. Think these changes are pretty balanced, now he can solo top quite well with his W and E combo, and his ult's passive will let him be an assassin, as well as let him have an escape tool. Please leave your thoughts and suggestions below