Rengar Needs a REAL buff!!!

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Santisimo

01-23-2013

a seasoned Rengar player is still very deadly.

As Exxez has mentioned, it's fairly easy for me to get an early kill, snowball, and get bonetooth stacks with proper planning and teamwork.

XNoodleMuncher

01-23-2013

He needs just some minors tweets and buffs thats about it

Oz SammyD X

01-24-2013

His Q and W need more damage, also his ultimate needs to have no delay, once pressed you should be invisible, this will 100% fix Rengar.

Bad Player

01-24-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exxez View Post
honestly, if you look at the statistics his win rate is going up
It was; not anymore. Before this buff, he had a 40% winrate. Now it's at 43%, which is still extremely low.

If we want to compare, Diana was also nerfed to a 40% winrate at the same time as Rengar, was buffed at the same time as Rengar, and is already up to about 50% winrate.

It might take people a little bit of time to figure out how to use Rengar effectively now, so his winrate might still go up a little bit more, but if it doesn't I'd like to see a bit more of a buff. I want a bit more sustain in-lane (either more base hp/5, or add in some AD scaling to his heal like was mentioned a bit ago) and also take away the delay from damage for his ult.

ProRushian

01-25-2013

bump
rengar needs buff
i play him as an assassin and i can assassinate by myself only when it is mid or late game
his first release was perfect. 2.3 ad ratio of his Q is enough for an assassin

Hookä

01-25-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exxez View Post
He's usually in his lane until mid game (by this point he generally has a pretty big lead in his lane) where at this point he starts roaming between top and mid. He also buys the bone tooth necklace early on and so the stacks make him even stronger. He tells me he has some king of strategy to build up a certain amount of ferocity at a certain level for when he goes in for the kill (don't exactly remember it), but he almost always gets a kill before lvl 6. After the first kill he generally starts to snowball and even if the jungler ganks he's gotten so good at using his passive to juke that he'll either kill the jungler and/or his laning opponent or just escape.

And for the adc, when he ults out of sight of the enemy team how are they supposed to see him coming unless they have an oracles? He waits for his ferocity to go up with his ult then he leaps on the adc and their health turns into a big red line almost instantly. We generally engage right after he leaps onto the adc

maybe he's just a very good Rengar because he's been playing him since his release all the time or maybe the he people he fights are just really bad and can't seem to face rengar very well, but I personally think he doesn't really need another buff, he seems alright at where he's at now.
You say your friend wrecks with rengar? You say he buys bonetooth necklace? That automatically rules him out being good with rengar...

IonDragonX

01-25-2013

He's not as bad as he was a month ago.

He is still awful at jungling. If he could clear jungle camps as quickly as the average jungler, he'd be fine.

Alternatively, they could make his Bonetooth necklace into an item that every Rengar would actually want.

ironman92

01-25-2013

rengar is now playable unlikely a month ago
this last monday i went 24/8 with him .its all about knowing your characters
and yes some good rengar players buy the bonetooth necklace like myself.
i do just fine early game with him

kirkster96

Recruiter

01-25-2013

They should make the w scale AD

alfavhunter

01-25-2013

the final buffs rengar needs is thus

R
- change the delay to be based on level with a 1 sec delay up to 2 seconds at level 1, a 1 sec delay up to 1 second at level 2, and no delay at level 3
-make rengar gain max ferocity from leaping onto target if not already gained full stacks from the delayed gain
-make rengar also see minions / jungle creeps
-he can instantly jump from activating this ability with his passive, not having to wait to be stealthed to get the leap

bone tooth necklass
-remove the 5 bonus damage from base stats
-make the current bonus of his 9 trophies base line to the item
-replace the current 9 toughies effect with this - rengars first attack while using his passive (leap from bush or R) reveals the target for 4 seconds

improve base armor by 4 (putting it at 20 at level 1 +per level), but reduce the scaling on it so that he stays at the same base armor at level 18 [this improves jungle survival a bit, with having less impact on laning]