buff rengar?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Unbeatabledeath

03-14-2013

i think we need to buff rengar a little bit...no i do not want a huge buff cause that will make him op or perma ban and i rather not have people banning my fav champion... the way i play him now make me either go op assassin and snowballer... or a annnoying bruiser who just jumps around using the bush and really cant do much...... he is good if you can snowball him but if you cant he falls of super hard.....maybe give him a little bit armor so he can clear his first WAVE and still be able to gank...... or not get invaded......also his CD on ult is too long now specially when it takes 3 second to disappear....which i just don't get....Also why are the bone tooth necklace maximum stack stop at 14 shouldn't it atleast go to 15 so you get 1 death......if your team mess up.......again right now he is still viable just barely so a small tiny buff can make him stand out there like a true KITTY!

Kuwanger

03-14-2013

it seems to be very hard to balance him, i love playing him as an assassin, he will still one shot carries late game if your team is doing well but thats pretty much all he has is that ultimate, i would love a free jump if you kill someone a short time after you use your ult jump. not too long ago i did a double jump tho o.o i thought they took that out

JaUsaramMeuNick

03-15-2013

W - Change from AP rate to AD rate.
R(ultimate) - At least 30/35% speed bonus, because 20% sucks, ferocity should fill faster, so he can combo faster on a fight as the old rengar instead of wait all that time to back to the team fight, and he should become invisible immediately even getting hit so he can have a escape, because he dont have any blink and also if you use your ult and die before become invisible, he will becomes invisible dead, and ult go on cooldown, this really sucks..
Make him a bit more tanky too, because he is so squishy compared to other bruisers.

I think this will balance him. What do you guys think?

*I don't know perfectly english*

Beartrapt

03-15-2013

Well Here are my thoughts on the subject I play a lot of Rengar he is my favorite champion and has been since his inception. I agree there were two points where he was very strong the first being people abusing AP Rengar and the second being Stack Health Rengar.

Now I mostly Jungle Him so I am speaking from a junglers perspective.

I believe a few Quality of life changes would be helpful for him.
1. W Scaling off of AD but still dealing AP damage , you nerfed the base damage and AP ratios because it was clear you didint want AP Rengar to 2 shot people. This makes a lot of sense but allowing it to scale off AD would give him a lot more presence in team fights and a decent AoE choice as opposed to going Empowered Q because it just deals more damage to the squishy.

2. W offering a passive damage reduction against neutral monsters, or while active reduces the damage you take from neutral monsters , This would be aimed at making his first jungle clear less painful and would only offer a little bit of help with the big objectives of dragon and baron. Making it a neutral monster buff and not a monster buff in general wont make him stronger in lane because he wont be able to just face tank minions. I am aware that after his first clear once Rengar gets a Madreds he begins to tear camps apart but his first clear is so risky it leaves him excessively vulnerable. If the intended feel is that you area hunter stalking prey the monsters in the jungle shouldn't beat you to death.

3. The fade time on his ult being pushed back to 3 seconds while taking damage is really harsh I would lobby to drop that time but I understand why that nerf was applied. A champion shouldn't be able to just peace out on people who are killing him.

4. The Movement speed bonus on his ultimate should be increased , or should be applied when it is activated not when stealth is acquired. If you are using it to get away you need that move speed to do so , but again making him too fast while invisible with his gap closer would make him harder to deal with.

At the end of the day it is in Riot's hands and I have faith that Rengar wont stay as he is now , I mean they have talked about him being a work in progress and I will continue to play him because honestly there is no cooler champion in the league , I mean Vi is a close second but Rengar is my go to pick and I would like to see him bumped a little up so that he can be a solid choice as opposed to an okay one.

- Happy Hunting
Beartrapt

KoinDuo

04-18-2013

-Savagery (Cooldown:2-3 seconds)
ACTIVE: Rengar's next basic attack deals bonus physical damage and apply a mark on his target for 5 seconds which increases the damage Rengar does to them by 5%/10%/15%/20%/25%. When Rengar uses Savagery on a target that has this mark applied , he then gains 30% / 35% / 40% / 45% / 50% attack speed.
TOTAL PHYSICAL DAMAGE: 30 / 60 / 90 / 120 / 150 (+ 100% AD)
-Empowered Savagery
Same thing as above, but the attack speed bonus is greater when the mark is activated (60% / 70% / 80% / 90% / 100%) The damage on this skill is decent right now so i wouldn't change it
Battle Roar(Cooldown:10/9/8/7/6 seconds)
-ACTIVE: Rengar lets out a battle roar, dealing physical damage(scales to 80% of total AD) to nearby enemies. If an enemy is hit by Battle Roar, Rengar also gains bonus armor and magic resist for 4 seconds (BONUS ARMOR & MAGIC RESISTANCE: 10 / 20 / 30 / 40/ 50) Additionally, for each marked enemy hit, Rengar heals himself for (10/20/30/40/50) hp per enemy hit
-Empowered Battle Roar
-ACTIVE: Rengar heals for (20/40/60/80) hp for all marked enemies hit
-THROW NET( idk what to call it)
ACTIVE: Rengar throws a net at target location, dealing physical damage and slowing all enemies within the area by 25% / 30% / 35% / 40% / 45% for 2.5 seconds. Enemies hit by the net are also applied with the same mark from his savagery for 5 seconds. If Rengar damages an enemy marked by the net with any of his abilities, he slows them by an additional 25% / 30% / 35% / 40% / 45%. If however the target is already marked, then the slow will be doubled, and if Rengar attacks the marked enemy, the effect will be refreshed for another 2.5 seconds
-Empowered version
Same thing, but if any of the marked enemies hit by the net get hit with any of his abilities, they get rooted for 1 second, and then have the slow applied, just like his bola strike.
Thrill of the Hunt
-Passive: If Rengar does not take damage for 10 seconds, he stealths. This stealth is broken only when he attacks. While invisible, he gains 5%/10%/15% increased movement speed
-Active: Rengar doubles his movement speed bonus for 5 seconds, and instantly stealths himself. He then gains vision of everyone within a radius. However when used, Rengar loses his passive bonus, until Thrill of the Hunt comes off cooldown.
And now to summarize the proposed changes. Make his Q a more spammable skill, with a cooldown of around 2-3 seconds, like Hecarim's Q. Reduce the cooldown of his battle roar to around 6 seconds, with the bonus Armor and MR lasting for about 4 seconds. His E should be changed to be an AoE of sorts, and all enemies hit get marked which let his Q give him an attack speed bonus or his W heal him for a lot. His normal Q also applies a mark to the target, which when he uses another Q gives him bonus attack speed. This is doubled if its an Empowered Q which hits the target. The damage he does right now on his Q is decent and doesnt need to be changed. His healing should be increased, as well as how much you can spam his skills. Think these changes are pretty balanced, now he can solo top quite well with his W and E combo, and his ult's passive will let him be an assassin, as well as let him have an escape tool. Please leave your thoughts and suggestions below