In game position queue.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Calvinlicious

Recruiter

01-21-2013

I was thinking the other day on how hard it is to get certain roles when playing ranked or draft. Once you get in the screen it's a battle to call out the position you want, and once you do get it their might be someone above you that picks mid/top/bot just cause he is before you. So i thought why don't they put in an Role Queue, so when you start a game you can choose what role you want before entering the game. Then it would match you up with other players that want the standard team. Top, mid, jungle, adc, and support.

ATH1337

01-31-2013

I too thought about this. It seems like it would be a good idea, but wouldn't that be conforming to the Meta? Does Riot even support this method of approach. I feel they would have had an employee think of this already and shot it down for some reason. Nonetheless, I too would enjoy this method of queuing.

SilverGalford

01-31-2013

nice idea , you either can choose this option or not.

Andross64

07-12-2013

I have been saying this for a year, so happy other people are in the same mind set. This would single handedly get rid of all lobby trolling which is the biggest problem with ranked play in my experience.

I understand that they probably have brought this up at riot and that their reasoning on it is that they want everybody to be able to play all the positions... but regardless, the pros of this proposed method outweigh the cons ten fold. I know for a fact that most people have a least favorite position(sometimes even 2-3) and that when they are stuck with that all the fun is immediately stripped from the game(this also happens to be the biggest reason for queue dodging other than just plain).

This is like playing battlefield and being stuck in a plane the whole time when all you wana do is use a machine gun.

DulyAppointed

07-12-2013

There are problems associated with this:
1. Most people want top,mid, and adc
2. Because most people want the same positions, the que times will be dramatically longer
3. It will encourage people to play the same champions, thereby reducing the profit riot can make off of champions
4. It will take away the meta-game associated with draft pick in the first place, for instance, you are not suppose to come into a game with a specific position in mind. The point of the draft pick is to respond to the other team, rather than auto-locking like a noob.
5. Every position is fun and important, and its only the lower leagues (silver and bronze) that obsess about the solo lanes.

What you should do as a player is convince riot that support champs need more things to do that are fun (argue for game play improvements) and improving the ranking system in general. In my opinion, the least fun role is adc because it is the same thing every game and overly important late game.