Brand vs. Annie

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

The Grateful Fed

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

07-20-2012

I've played Brand for about a year and a half. I have respectable stars with him in ranked. I found ways to deal with Ahri, Fizz, and Leblanc ( common picks people try to counter me with). I am used to dominating the lane through force with him.

One thing however is Annie. The last three games I have had to face her I have been decimated by her. Usually I am on the receiving end of a slow or stun from her or a jungler and it snowballs for her after that point.

What am I doing wrong and what can I do to combat this.

Inb4 you need to ward;
because I do, but the first blood usually happens before I can purchase them.

The Grateful Fed

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

07-23-2012

Bump for curiosity

Solace In Death

07-23-2012

Annie is the better roamer, sets up ganks easier, and has more on-demand burst.

BibitteDeFou

07-23-2012

Annie's burst are easier to land, but they are close ranged.
Brand's burst are skillshots and are somewhat much easier to avoid, even in team fights.

Annie's stun rely on casting spells, hence, it's easy to have a constant stun.
Brand's stun rely o na spell sequence, if you avoid part of it, you wont be stunned.

Annie farm better as her q refund mana and help give out spell stacks for the stun. It's also a target spell and cannot miss no matter what you do.
Brand's farm is costly, not as effective early on and require you to use the spell you would usualy take to do a stun sequence, unless you only farm with your auto-attacks.

Annie has good harassing abilities, but need to get close in order to deal the most damage.
Brand can harass from afar but a pair of boot usually deny him any possibility to do so.

Annie's ult is both a burst damage spell that deal insane damages and a pet. The pet himself has a DoT aura and deal decent damage to anything it hit, making it a good asset when pushing a tower or finishing a hero in team fight.
Brand's ult also deal a good load of burst damage and can follow you much further then Annie's ult. on the other hand, it stops there. Damage can vary from single target to multiple targets, if you cast it i na group or not.

Overall, Annie is a more aggressive character, usually landing her q-w-r as fast as she can but dying if it fails to kill the lot, unless of course the Annie player is skilled enough to deal with escape. Brand can damage from afar, but wont always make the most out of it.

MyPrettyPwny

07-23-2012

Brand's ratios are better, however, and he does significantly more AoE damage. Especially if an enemy team is clustered. He does better lategame than Annie, who shines early and then kind of suffers from her short range and low ratios later on.

If you are playing against annie as Brand, I would recommend you attempt to poke her from range, if possible. She's pretty slow and has no sustain, and the ranges in her spells are quite short.

If you can tag her with a spell here and there, your passive should chip away at her health. Most people forget that if you use Conflagration on a burning minion, it spreads, and applies damage and your passive DoT.

Try to tag her with that when she moves in close to farm, since her Q range is pretty short. Her auto-attack range is deceptively long, however.

I would also recommend getting maybe a catalyst early to bulk up a little, so she can't 100-0 you with her burst.

Against a jungler, there's not much to say expect to watch her patterns. If she suddenly starts saving a stun and playing incredibly passive to bait you into pushing, likely there's a jungler waiting for her to flash-BEAR-IGNITE-Q-W on you.

corallein

07-23-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Own BibitteDeFou View Post
Annie farm better as her q refund mana and help give out spell stacks for the stun. It's also a target spell and cannot miss no matter what you do.
Brand's farm is costly, not as effective early on and require you to use the spell you would usualy take to do a stun sequence, unless you only farm with your auto-attacks.
You can stun with Conflagerate into Sear. Just sayin'.

Oh, and Brand pushes better. Annie has a single cone AOE spell while Brand can Pillar of Flame + Conflagerate (or for maximum AOE damage, Sear -> Conflagerate -> Pillar of Flame).

Solace In Death

07-23-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by corallein View Post
You can stun with Conflagerate into Sear. Just sayin'.

Oh, and Brand pushes better. Annie has a single cone AOE spell while Brand can Pillar of Flame + Conflagerate (or for maximum AOE damage, Sear -> Conflagerate -> Pillar of Flame).
He was talking about the entire stun sequence, not just the single stun. If a Brand uses his pillar to push, he loses his entire combo, and I'd just Flash+Tibbers him. Brand will almost never win a straight up 1v1 on an Annie, because Annie can flash out of his abilities and she'll easily have the first hit and stun. He is a better pusher early though, I'll give you that.

The Grateful Fed

07-26-2012

Thanks for the insight. Ill take this into consideration next time I face her.

Bieber Gaming

12-31-2012

Brand is considered a counter pick to Annie according to many counter websites. It seems like the only time Brand is played is when Annie is chosen on the other side. Brand's long range makes him a strong pick vs Annie because she cannot get in range of him without getting Brand combo (with the exception of flash). Good Annie players can beat brand, but if both are high skilled players then it is in Brand's favor.

Mystic chicken

01-21-2013

Tibbers is one of the reason Brand is better. Although he's got a longer range Annie can still tibber stun him but he can flash behind her and do his full combo. His Ulti will bounce between tibbers and her and kill her.