Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Picking Alistar in Ranked should be a Punishable Offense!

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Debris

10-21-2010

I'm only at the ~1400 mark, and when I play Alistar (when I can't pick a jungle tank, amumu, garen, or shen because the jungle is taken and I'm not so good at rammus) my team tends to win. He is pretty good.

Ginka Zanmai

10-21-2010

I'm almost around 14XX~ right now and I have 60% win rate with Ali... It's not that he's a bad tank. You just have to realize his strength lies in initiating/zone controlling fights. If you play Alistar the same way you play Amumu or Galio, you'll end up losing.

I have to admit though, his roar needs a slight buff, and they need to rework his passive. Outside of those two, he's actually pretty balanced.

Tenant

Friend of Urf

10-21-2010

Alistar is secretly a boss.

Bamft

10-21-2010

Faro begs to differ.

nvmvoidrays

10-21-2010

Reep begs to differ.

Beklynn

10-21-2010

I support this due to the needed security it provides the community. Also, wtf is up with Wits End?

Crayon Puppet

10-21-2010

Quote:
sdjaks:
Who isn't vulnerable to true damage?

only bothered to open this thread to ask exactly this question

Dracorya

10-21-2010

Why the hell do people think a tank has to have some kind of aggro mechanic?

You ignore Alistar, you're going to pay. You don't outright ignore tanks, you find a way to get them OUT of the way to get to the carries.