Viable replacement Master Yi for Ranked Play?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Catalyst Dan

01-21-2013

I wanna dip into Ranked play, but I heard Master Yi is not viable in Ranked play. I kinda liked Kha'zix and Darius etc. What would you guys say?

Cenerae

01-21-2013

In ranked play, anything you're good with is viable. Yes, including Master Yi, if you consider yourself a very good Yi player.

That being said if you want stronger general picks, Kha'zix is frequently banned. Darius is a common pick. You're best off keeping a slightly less popular pick in the wings that you can play so you don't have to scramble for random champions at a moment's notice.

Catalyst Dan

01-21-2013

Think you could recommend me such a Champion? I also looked at Pantheon and Olaf, but those seem to be a bit common aswell.

iDpark

01-21-2013

But' they're not banned. (Panth and olaf)

Maybe panth, with him going mid all the time

Jayce, elise are renowned for their lane phase.

Cardboardowl

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-21-2013

Dont jump into ranked the second you hit 30.

rule number 38

http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/....php?t=2895902

bob000

01-21-2013

I think your confusing ranked play with tournament play.

Crazy Crann

01-22-2013

Yi is absolutely viable as a troll pick and in certain situations he can wreck teams (specifically, he wrecks carries).

If you're looking for other, similar champions though, perhaps consider Riven (even after the nerfs), Jax or Pantheon. All melee-range champions with gap closers who are capable of high outputs of damage in a short amount of time.

powwder

01-22-2013

ap yi is the flavor of the month right now. people play him mid and just aplha strike + meditate spam all day