Lf - Input from Dom Community

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Panzerzs

01-21-2013

So with a lot of my friends saying that I "might" be able to make a small guide based on how much I know about Dominion, I am going to need some input from the community & from my team because ... I'm stupid.

Question: ~ What is the most important point to consider to do well in Dominion?
-If you can, place your top 3 most important points to consider be successful in Dominion

Examples may include: Map awareness, attitude, team comp, itemization, crowd control, global ultimates, operation gank bottom point 24/7, back capping, revives, garrisons, knowing champion counters, spamming ops in premade etc.

Volandum

01-21-2013

CC and global ults would be part of team comp normally, unless you're considering them matters of champ mechanics (which are important too.)

I'd say map awareness champ mechanics and team comp.

ZallKlos

01-21-2013

Jungle, Bottom, Team Comp

Catnium

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-21-2013

play for nodes not for kills
don't camp on nodes
make sure you and your team agree on who's bot before the match actualy starts

AlphaFerric

01-21-2013

I would say team comp, gank bot, jungle presence/map awareness.

A12MO12

01-21-2013

team comps: Have to have good synergy for team fights
Communication: Vent/skype or some sort of communication makes it easier then pinging
Jungle control: After capping 3 points your objective should be jungle control.

NamKim

01-21-2013

Itemization: One thing that I constantly hear from high elo players is that they know how to itemize properly for a map like Dominion. I feel that a lot of people, in all game modes, can only build in two ways, glass cannon or pure tank. It seems almost impossible for players to find some sort of balance between the two. In Dom, being a glass cannon means you will die before doing any damage. If everyone builds tanky, then the team has no damage to fight with. This applies to both AD and AP champions.

Jungle Control: I often love to draw parallels between SR and Dom. In SR, everyone knows what to do in the laning phase. But it seems like as soon as lanes break, everyone is confused and do whatever they feel like. I have spectated enough SR games to know that a team that had an obvious advantage during the laning phase had the tables turned on them during mid-late game. I am convinced that a lot of the high elo Dom players who decided to play ranked and made gold/platinum/diamond ranking probably had less than perfect laning phases but their knowledge of what to do during the mid-late game stages of the game is the reason they could turn even an unfavorable situation around.

In Dom, the Windmill fight is similar to the SR laning phase. People know what to do during the laning phase of the game, but as soon as the windmill is captured, people run around not knowing what to do. I have talked to several people (mainly you), who talked about superior jungle control. I watched enough CaptnBuwBerry streams to know that whenever you play, you constantly remind everyone of jungle control. You would not be stressing this if this was not important.

Map Awareness
A skill that is incredibly important in all game modes, but one Dominion stresses the most due to lack of ward/altars that give us at least some idea where the enemy champions are.

I also know that Map Awareness also ties into superior jungle control as well.

These are the three things that I believe a lot of players (including myself) are lacking and preventing us from advancing to the next level. I mean, there are more reasons like spamming OP champions, but I believe the three I listed are the three most important ones.

CallMeTaste

01-21-2013

Jungle Control: NamKim sums my thoughts nicely. It's not clear to new players that there is a lot to do in the jungle. The lack of jungle mobs/buff/objectives makes the jungle seem unimportant. But for example, effectively controlling the top storm bush will constrict movement to three objectives.

Itemization: Again, following suit with NamKim, Dom itemization is similar to SR but should not be treated as the same. For one, where SR games are largely dictated by the team itemization of 5v5s, the types of dom encounters will be entirely 2v2s, 3v3s, and 4v4s, and as a result, teams must itemize correctly for smaller engagements. This means that items like Shyrelias/Randuins that are common in full 5v5 item sets are now missed in smaller dom teamfights.

Respawn Timers: A very subtle but influential mechanic of Dom that deserves as much attention as jungle control. A death of a bot lane early on means 26s of free time to cap/back/farm. A death in the lead means 30s+ respawn timers. A death behind means only 22s-. Revives and their CD play into this too. It is important to know how and when to deal with and take advanatge of respawn timers.

Respawn timers explained
http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/....php?t=1392045

Redeemed In Fire

01-22-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Panzerzs View Post
So with a lot of my friends saying that I "might" be able to make a small guide based on how much I know about Dominion, I am going to need some input from the community & from my team because ... I'm stupid.

Question: ~ What is the most important point to consider to do well in Dominion?
-If you can, place your top 3 most important points to consider be successful in Dominion
I'd say combat skill actually. You can have great map awareness, but if you don't know how to leverage your champion's strengths and your enemy champion's weaknesses you won't be able to win fights and thus, win the game.

Zeoroot

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-22-2013

Jungle control, bot lane, team comp and itemization for me.