Riot I understand you won't refund me but make sure this never happens to anyone else

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Nimthiel

01-21-2013

Sorry to hear, hope a red sees this :/ bump

ThatGoodGuyGreg

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-21-2013

10/10 sad story. will read again.

Alpha Protocal

01-21-2013

Somebody help this man

Spreek

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-21-2013

hope a red can help <3

Evulpix

01-21-2013

While you may consider yourself a 'loyal' customer having spent over $800 on the game I don't see why they should treat you any differently from a person who's only spent $100. Next time I suggest being more careful.

As for implementing something in to help this, they should have something similar to when you create an account. By this, they should 'verify' that you're sending it to the right user. Not sure if they have this already, but when you're gifting it's always worth double checking no matter how sure you think you are.

Actingman

01-21-2013

While I do think this is your own fault, your idea is solid. If the gift isn't redeemed why should it just sit there?

RockRipper21

01-21-2013

thread deserves a bump, needs to be dealt with

Raptamei

01-21-2013

In the end, this company is still a fly by night F2P company.

Killrazor

01-21-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heavysleeper View Post
I remember their support used to be quite good. I guess things changed when Tencent came in.
uh it was the opposite, support was horrible. waiting 2 weeks minimum for a response, and waiting a month or more was acceptable. A lot of the time you wouldn't get a response. Now you usually get a response within a day or two. If the issue is within the policies, it will get resolved very quickly.

The issue now a days is not that the support is bad, it is the policies that Riot has in place that have changed. In fact their support is quite good, but the reps can only work within the policies and guidelines they are given.

What does need to change is that Riot needs to be flexible in certain situations. Right now they are not because the reps must follow the policies and guidelines exactly. That is why some people think the support is worse nowadays.

Zestorer

01-21-2013

i sorry bro